Your favorite bands/music?

Options
I'm curious to see what all you MFP'rs like when it comes to music!

Personally... I have a very diverse taste. Country, pop, rock, punk, electronicore, hardcore...
My favorite bands would be One Direction (hush!), Ed Sheeran, Marianas Trench, Cute Is What We Aim For, Sleeping With Sirens, and Breathe Carolina.

However, my favorite song would have to be Radioactive by Imagine Dragons right now. I adore that song!

So, what kind of music / bands do you people prefer? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I haven't heard of half those bands. lol

I listen to a mix of industrial, goth, ambient, new age, rock, metal, some dance and pop.

My favorite bands are Depeche Mode, The Birthday Massacre, Korn, Lacuna Coil, Origa..... Currently listening to a lot of Skillet and Three Days Grace.
    Favorite songs are Cry Little Sister from the Lost Boys soundtrack and most covers of it, as well as Depeche Mode 's Enjoy the Silence and Only When I Lose Myself.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Oasis, Radiohead, Stereophonics, Dave Matthews Band, Muse, Jack White, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Pearl Jam, Embrace, The Verve, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Stone Roses, Sex Pistols, The CLash, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Metallica, Ozzy, ACDC, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, STP, Bjork, Sigur Ros, Ryan Adams, Foo Fighters, Placebo, Beastie Boys, Nirvana, The Subways, Bens Fold, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Black Crowes, Counting Crows, The Killers, Elvis, GNR, Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeplin, and rock from England, 90s, and 70s.
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oasis, Radiohead, Stereophonics, Dave Matthews Band, Muse, Jack White, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Pearl Jam, Embrace, The Verve, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Stone Roses, Sex Pistols, The CLash, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Metallica, Ozzy, ACDC, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, STP, Bjork, Sigur Ros, Ryan Adams, Foo Fighters, Placebo, Beastie Boys, Nirvana, The Subways, Bens Fold, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Black Crowes, Counting Crows, The Killers, Elvis, GNR, Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeplin, and rock from England, 90s, and 70s.

You have great taste!
    For me Bon Iver, Cloud Control, Jinja Safari, Alt J, M83, Frenzal Rhomb, The xx, Tame Impala, Bluejuice, Ben Howard, Best Coast and The Naked and Famous.
    Just to name a few.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

You have great taste!
    For me Bon Iver, Cloud Control, Jinja Safari, Alt J, M83, Frenzal Rhomb, The xx, Tame Impala, Bluejuice, Ben Howard, Best Coast and The Naked and Famous.
    Just to name a few.

Thank you. I like your taste as well.. A couple I have never heard of but today I will check them out.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Top 3, because I'd be here all day otherwise... 1) Shinedown, 2) Seether, 3) either Rob Zombie or George Strait (yeah, I know, DRASTIC difference...)
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Radiohead, DMB, The National, Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service, Rilo Kiley, Ben Folds, Lana Del Rey, Norah Jones, Joss Stone, John Mayer, White Lies, The Lumineers, the Head & the Heart, Pete Yorn, Vampire Weekend, Andrew Bird, She & Him, Amos Lee, Black Keys, Muse, Arcade Fire, Mumford & Sons, The Killers, Fiona Apple, White Stripes, Alex Clare, Of Monsters & Men, The Kooks, The Shins, Foo Fighters, Gary Clark Jr, Elliott Smith, Snow Patrol, M. Ward, Lily Allen, Amy Winehouse, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Juliana Hatfield, Wilco, James Blake, Florence & the Machine, Ray Lamontagne

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite musical artists are:

Ryan Adams
    Ryan Bingham
    Centro-Matic
    Drive By Truckers
    Earth
    Foo Fighters
    Woody Guthrie
    Matt Harlan
    Jason Isbell
    Jack Johnson
    Robert Earl Keen
    Los Lobos
    Jason Molina
    Nirvana
    Other Lives
    Public Enemy
    Gordy Quist
    Rolling Stones
    Sonic Youth
    Talking Heads
    U2
    Velvet Underground
    Walt Wilkins
    X
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse
    Warren Zevon
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Right now my Ipod ( gym playlist) has so many different things on it. I have some Christian rock to hip hop, to alternative. I'm lovin Drake right now and Linkin Park has a tendency to fuel most of my workouts. But alot of old school gets me thru too..McHammer, Shaggy, Beastie Boys.
  • GypsyRoad2
    GypsyRoad2 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    just some of them are Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks, Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant, The Rolling Stones, Nickelback, Pearl Jam, Nirvana......
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin and Bullet For My Valentine.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Foo fighters and 10 years
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Favorite song is epic by faith no more
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    Death cab for cutie, Coheed and cambria, Reel big fish, Never shout never, Modest mouse, Tegan & Sara, Third Eye Blind, The Postal Service, Nirvana
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    There should be a rule that you can't list 37 of something when your taking about your favorites. It's cheating.

For me, right now: alkaline trio, circa survive, and probably cake.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Black Flag and Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls.
  • turbofuzz77
    turbofuzz77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Nirvana, Ministry, 80's music, MGMT
  • turbofuzz77
    turbofuzz77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    And Mr. Bungle...Mike Patton is a genius!
  • shellsies93
    Options
    I'm curious to see what all you MFP'rs like when it comes to music!

Personally... I have a very diverse taste. Country, pop, rock, punk, electronicore, hardcore...
    My favorite bands would be One Direction (hush!), Ed Sheeran, Marianas Trench, Cute Is What We Aim For, Sleeping With Sirens, and Breathe Carolina.

However, my favorite song would have to be Radioactive by Imagine Dragons right now. I adore that song!

So, what kind of music / bands do you people prefer? :flowerforyou:

Looooooooove mariana's trench, cute is what we aim for and sleeping with sirens.
    Some of my other favorites are Lydia, Motionless in White, Woe is me, Go Radio, Crown the Empire, Of Mice and Men...my favorites change so often but these have been lately. lol.
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Eagles and 80's music!
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Enigma, Train .. FireFlight *g*