Starting once again

Options
My friend told me about this site. I had been on here before but just didn't do anything with it. Now I've come to realize that I'm not enjoying life. All I ever do is sit at home either sleeping, eating or watching tv. I am thirty four years old and I want better for myself. So I am on here to do just that. Need to just keep pushing myself and I will reach my goal.

Replies

• vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Walk in place during the commercials, get up, get moving. Just change something! ANYTHING! That's the first step.
  • qwertybird
    qwertybird Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new goals, and welcome from a fellow newbie. :-)
  • turbojanem
    Options
    we are all on the path to healthier life here. the support is awesome. team work makes a ton of difference. we all can do this!
  • Kippster
    Kippster Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am new here too, and here's to hoping that this works for me because nothing else does. I want to be the heathiest and in the best shape of my life, however i will probably need very much encouragement and i'll be more than happy to encourage anybody else along too.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP
  • Wendy543
    Options
    Congrats! I have too just started on here, its a great site i really love it.
  • carol1940
    Options
    My name is Carol. I'm starting my gazillion "lifestyle" change. I will be seventy years old in two months and I want to go out of this world as a happy, thin lady. I'm young in mind but my body isn't. I saw a short story by a lady who recommended this website.
    It would really encourage me to know there are other people my age who are in this battle to win. I've fought this weight all of my life and used it to get me through a difficult life. However, as I pondered this the other night, I realized that I don't need it for a
    defense anymore. I'm single and just moved into a nice apartment and I've run out of excuses. Two areas I need to conquer are night time eating and moving myself out of the recliner from in front of the T.V.. I'm also diabetic (type 2) and have poor circulation.
    The drs. tell me that I need to walk more. :