Am I losing weight in a healthy way?

Options
Today I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and burned 207 calories. So far I have eaten 878 calories. I already had my dinner. My calorie requirements are 1200, but today it should be 1407 from the exercise. So will my weight go up because of low calories that I ate today? Yesterday I had done no exercise and my weight dropped 1.2 pounds. I ate 988 calories yesterday. Today I was 128.8 pounds in the morning.

If you have time, please read the rest. I used to workout at the gym first four months when I started my weight loss journey one year ago. I lost 25 pounds in those 4 months. I used to eat 1200 calories daily when in the gym. Starting in January I started going to the gym less. But started eating less. I started walking on the treadmill from home. I only lost 19 pounds in the next 8 months. But I got saggy breasts, tummy, arms, and bottom. Could this be the result of eating less? How can I shape up now and still lose weight? My goal is to be 124 pounds.

BTW: I am a female of age 36 and height 5'3."

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Yes, please eat. Your diet fuels your workouts. If you don't eat enough, your body will not get all the nutrients it needs and your energy and other measures of well-being (skin, hair, etc.) will suffer. Please at least eat 1200 calories, and let it contain lots of protein, some healthy fats and five servings a day of fruit and vegetables. Your body needs that.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    While eating so few calories and only doing cardio, you are basically losing muscle along with your fat. You need to increase your calories and protein, and do some strength training. Then, as your fat melts away, you are left with a nice toned body, instead of squish.

And no, your weight will not increase because of what you eat one day. But, you are under eating as a habit. This needs to change.
  • CaitlinM77
    Options
    The other trouble with under-eating is that when you relax rigid control, your metabolism is used to being incredibly efficient with little fuel, so your weight will rebound. The goal is to work out your TDEE and eat around 100-200 calories under that. It's not enough to harm your metabolism, and you will lose weight, even if it's slowly.
  • iqbalkaurthin
    iqbalkaurthin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add to what has already been said on this topic. Every response is correct. At this eating rate, you will lose muscle, skin elasticity will come down, your metabolic rate will fall permanently and as a result you will never be able to eat "normally" again

I went through serious calorie control of gross 1000-1200 calories a day (I am just under 5 ft) for just 3 months. Yes I lost lot of weight but I also lost hair, got wrinkles and loose skin everywhere. Slowly I started eating more, added strength training and actually lost inches while losing almost no weight.

Last one year I have actually gained 3-4 pounds but my face looks better, my loose skin has reduced, my muscles are visible to everyone and above all I am able to do programs like Insanity.

Weight loss was the initial goal but now e its about fitness. I would rather be fit at a weight of BMI of 25 (that I am now) than be skinny fat with BMI of 23 (that I was)
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more, unless you want to lose some of your muscles, bones, and metabolism.
    You should not be focussing on daily weight changes. You can't measure fat loss day-to-day, you need to look at the pattern over several weeks.
  • 1wweightloss
    Options
    There are many ways to lose weight.

If the food served isn't on your specific diet plan, what can you do?

You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight; in fact, you shouldn't.

Have your home-made breakfast for a week and start preparing your healthy foods.