Recovered/ Recovering from eating disorder

Options
Today I made the decision to start recovering from my eating disorder, I even made a new account to start fresh. I was looking for a few friends on here who can help and support me as I recover. I know this is something I can't do on my own ( I tried in the past) so please add me. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad you decided to make a change! I used to be anorexic in college and high school. Stopping saved my life even though it led to health problems and replaced my starving with binging. I want to lose weight but did not want to be tempted to starve myself like the past so my doctor suggested this website. If you don't me asking, what is the eating disorder you have?
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of supportive people here.

I myself struggle a bit with exercise bulimia, but it's being treated so that I can lose weight in a healthy way.

Feel free to friend me!
  • DestinationRecovery
    Options
    I was never diagnosed because I never told anyone and my parents never noticed but I had anorexic tendencies
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That's understandable. I never told anyone either, but it was my close friends that noticed and badly tried to get me to recover. It's wonderful that you decided to do this on your own and you'll come out a better person for it. :)
  • Valarama
    Valarama Posts: 22
    Options
    hi, i'm "completely" recovered from my anorexia, aka haven't had disordered eating for upwards of 5 months now.
    i really hope that you beat your eating disorder. i feel like people who've never had one can't imagine the absolute horrors of having one.
    i'm very certain my disordered thinking will be with me for forever.
    that being said, i'm sure you'll find the support your looking for here!
    x
  • babytwoblues
    Options
    I've suffered since I was fifteen with bulimia, and now at 29 and a mom of two I am struggling every day with dealing with the mental strength needed to overcome it.
    Please feel free to friend me, I am doing this weight loss journey without allowing myself to succumb to not eating
  • verasasha
    Options
    I also used to have anorexia with bulimic tendencies and recovered without any proffesional help, so i'd love to help you if you need to talk or need advice, i know what you're going through!