What kind of scale do you use to weigh in???

Options
I currently have a weight watchers scale and I'm not fond of it at all.. I can barely see it and the number for the different %'s goes so fast you have no clue what you're reading.. Looking for something better......

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I personally think most scales are the same. I use a health o meter brand one.

If you end up going to get a new scale I wouldn't waste the extra money on one that does body fat % as they are not accurate. Also, if you go for a digital one make sure you put it on a flat, hard, level floor (never on carpet or between tiles) and make sure it is in a place that will not be moved often or where it will get bumped or things dropped on it.
  • luckylilma818
    luckylilma818 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have a BalanceFrom Scale that I got on amazon. So far it is proving to be the most accurate scale that I've owned.

My review of it (plus a picture):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/shadow2soul/view/new-bathroom-scale-559488

edit: I say it's the most accurate one that I have owned, because the readings generally don't fluctuate (even within a 30 min period) and when they do, its very minimal.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have a WW scale as well. And I love it. Reason being is when I use to attend WW meetings it totally matched their scales :)
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i weigh at work so i use industrial freight scales that are ensured to be accurate within 1%

so i know the weight on them is accurate
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my "high quality" WW scales after getting odd readings 10 minutes apart. Got and EatSmart scale from Amazon and love it! No more tapping and it is spot on. I've checked it against the doctors scales 3 times since getting it.
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Aria. I like it because it automatically syncs with MFP. I used to only record my losses. Now if I commit to getting on the scale, I commit to whatever the number may be. My weightloss chart is a more accurate reflection of the tiny ups/downs one should expect.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I bought one from Argos for about £12, I take the BF and water % with a pinch of salt but if the BF number is going down I'm happy!