Over on Sugar!!!!

Options
I'm always over on sugar!!! I was when I used this before too :( I've had 3 things to eat today and I'm alread over. I'm struggling to find things to eat :(

Replies

• iceflow
    iceflow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What are the 3 things you've eaten today?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to limit your sugar intake, don't sweat it. Prioritize. Calories, Protein goals, Fat intake, Carbs...
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm always over. I don't worry about it until I am more than 30 over. Especially if it's from 100% juice, fruits/veggies.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't matter. Sugar is a carb, you already track carbs. Stay within your carb limit, and don't worry about sugar.
  • rbcloftus
    Options
    I had muller light yogurt, a harvester cheweee bar and some grapes!

but okay, thanks for this! :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to limit your sugar intake, don't sweat it. Prioritize. Calories, Protein goals, Fat intake, Carbs...

This! Forget the sugar and custom set to track something else like fiber. It'll do you a world of good, I promise.
  • L64Reed
    L64Reed Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No worries! You don't want to grab a table spoon and start eating sugar out of the canister, but the amount of sugar allowed on here is truly not very liveable, and like somebody else said, unless you are needing to cut sugar completely out for another reason don't sweat it too much. Concentrate on healthy! I'll bet that fruit is much healthier than other choices that you could make and you can fit them into your calorie intake easily!
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't even look at the sugar anymore as I would go over with breakfast and my morning snack alone., and it's all healthy. Agree a couple of pieces of fruit would just about send you over.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I also took the sugar tracker off because it was annnoying me! However, if you think youhave a problem with sugar (as in a tendancy to eat lots of sugary snacks) its worth keeping an eye on it, but discounting mentally any fruit or naturally occurring sugars (such as in milk) and only look at added sugar or things containing sugar (like cake).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd LEAVE the sugar tracker and watch what those sugars are coming from. Then you can decide if you want to eat them or not. And that's entirely up to you.
    But for me, knowledge is key. For example, without the sugar tracker would you know how much sugar is in your yogurt? Now you do, and compare fruit added and plain yogurts, and their respective calories. And you see that dairy has naturally occurring sugars.

I liked learning about the foods I was eating and know it helped me make informed decisions about what I eat. To me that's the key to a sustainable lifestyle and keeping the weight off. For example, we went to Fuddruckers with some friends. Three things on the menu looked good, and I was trying to decide between them. MFP helped me make that decision. I liked knowing which was the lowest in calories and what not. (But I don't plan to count and measure forever. I want to know enough about food to eat reasonably.)