Friends for Motivation!

Options
Hi! I'm Beth and this is my first time posting in a forum. I'm looking to make some friends to help keep me motivated :)

I have been following a medically supervised, very low calorie diet, as suggested by my doctor. The program is called New Direction and it is through a local hospital :)

I am 19 years old, 5 ft 9 in tall, and my starting weight was 300 lbs. Right now I am 272 lbs and my goal is to get to and maintain a weight from 160 lbs to 180 lbs. Basically, when I get closer to that weight, I will discuss with my doctor what weight would be ideal for me.

I have been very overweight for my entire life and I have been a yo-yo dieter. I have lost and regained around 20 lbs multiple times in my life. As a result, my doctor suggested a more structured and supportive weight loss program. I am doing fairly well so far, but I am uneasy at this point because of my habit of yo-yoing.

Anyways, I am having a hard time giving myself credit for the weight I have lost. My goal seems so unattainable to me and I just don't feel very confident in myself. I'd really like to make some friends on here to help me combat my insecurity :D

Replies

• sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't mind trying to motivate people, and I still have less than 10 friends on here. Anyway if you ever need help or want any tips I would do my best. I've lost about 50 pounds so far, and I would like to get below 150 pounds.
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    28 lbs is a huge accomplishment! You should be proud of that :) Feel free to add me if you're looking for supportive friends!
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss :)
    I'll add you. Always looking for motivating friends!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    We are all backing you! - Welcome to the community and good luck with your progress! I honestly can't wait to see you drop more :) It;s an amazing journey!
  • connierobinson1979
    Options
    Hi Beth!

I'd love to be your friend. I'm also new here and have a lot of weight to lose. I'm currently right under 300 pounds and have a goal weight of 145. It sounds like you're on the right track by talking with your Dr. You can do this!
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    28lbs is an amazing loss! Absolutely brilliant!

I know the feeling though - just feeling fed up of the journey and thinking 'how long is this going to take'? Good luck - and add me if you like! I'll motivate you if you motivate me :)
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hey, 28 lbs is amazing, you are doing great! Feel free to add me if you need support :-)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just stay motivated... it's the best way to reach your goals... :wink: ArmyAntzzz at your service...:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • bethcerabona
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've definitely been avoiding going to the gym for the past two weeks and I'm pretty frustrated with myself. I just keep making excuses! My goal was to go 5 times a week and in reality, I'm lucky if I go twice a week! Any suggestions?
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of having lots to lose, just feels so overwhelming. I lost 187 lb 9 years ago, put 65 back now on the road again.

I get the gym thing once you stop it feels like climbing a mountain to get back. Can you start by just walking for the first week then getting back might be easier. I mapped a walk with my car, 3 miles and started there. I have a goal of gym by Sunday.