Options
I too suffering from hypothyroid..

I want to loose 5kgs.

Any inputs on diet chart????

Replies

• DeniseCole5
    DeniseCole5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I lost weight 21ib which was a struggle and then my thyroid became low again and I put on. Trying again it can be done but you tend to lose weight a lot slower. :smile:
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and I also have Addison's Disease. I know how easy it is to gain weight, and how difficult it is to lose. I've recently been trying Wheat Belly/Paleo/more "clean" eating and I've lost 4.5 pounds so far. Best of luck to you!! <3
  • midnite81
    midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you're hypo can't you be given T4/Thyroixine to correct it? I've had a Total Thyroidectomy and on T4 and have managed to lose 8st.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I was 238 lbs on 5-18-12. This morning, I am 201.8 lbs. I track my food everyday using this website. Also, I was 41" in the waist. I am now 32.75" in the waist.

Write down everything.
  • andriawenz
    andriawenz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hell oall, I too am hypo, but i have managed to loose 79lbs. It has not been easy and it has been slow. It really takes endurance. IT will not happen fast and you have to prepare yourself for that. I took every day one at a time. At the nend of hte day Iwould check my calories and if I was under it was a great day. I worked out 6 days a week. I know it sounds like a lot, but it was worht it. Tracking your food I think is one of the best ways to loose weight especially if you have a condition such as some of ours where it makes it harder. You did not gain the weight overnight, so you are not going to loose it overnight either.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    hell oall, I too am hypo, but i have managed to loose 79lbs. It has not been easy and it has been slow. It really takes endurance. IT will not happen fast and you have to prepare yourself for that. I took every day one at a time. At the nend of hte day Iwould check my calories and if I was under it was a great day. I worked out 6 days a week. I know it sounds like a lot, but it was worht it. Tracking your food I think is one of the best ways to loose weight especially if you have a condition such as some of ours where it makes it harder. You did not gain the weight overnight, so you are not going to loose it overnight either.

Thank you for the advice!
  • andriawenz
    andriawenz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are welcome, just take everyday and treat it as a whole new day. DO not think about yeterday or tomorrow. Just focus on what you can do that day... I know it seems llike a long road, but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Thank you for the advice!
  • JSlim32
    JSlim32 Posts: 18
    Options
    Yes i am on thyroxine 75mg
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can lose weight with hypothyroidism.....don't use it as an excuse. Be sure to visit with your doctor and make sure you are taking the correct dosage of medication.
    I've been taking generic synthroid for close to 10 years. When I made my mind up seven years ago to lose weight and get healthy -- well, I guess my doctor made my mind up :laugh: -- it didn't stop me.
    VIsit with a dietician if you need help. I went to one, thought she was a quack, tried what she said, and had a lot of success. And seven years later, I have maintained a healthy weight!
    Good luck,
    Kaye
  • pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 10 years ago and started on meds 8. I have lost weight and regained many times over and am trying to lose once again, and this time keeping it off for good. You can lose the weight, but as my doctor told me, it is harder since your body is working against you. My advice to you is to invest in a tape measurer and start taking your measurements weekly since you will get discouraged relying only on the scale. I have found that I lose the inches faster than the weight. Each of us are different, so my other suggestion is working with a nationalist who can help you tweak your menu to suit your needs. For me, I have to really limit the carbs, although that is what I crave, and really increase the exercise. Good luck and keep logging your meals.
  • milliecurie
    Options
    I've never mat anyone else with Hashi's =) I'm just starting on MFP and dipping my toes into paleo. Going to eat/toss the remainder of my "bad" foods over the next week or so.I'm not on any medications for it as it comes and goes. It's nice to have an open support group. =)
  • lululovely315
    Options
    Once my meds were right I lost 4stone in 4months through diet and exercise (I absoloutely caned my wii fit!! lol) and i maintained it until I had my second child, then my levels went haywire again and I've put two of the 4stone back on:( i feel like my levels are right again now so I'm feeling optimistic that I'll be able to lose the weight and maintain it again :)

good luck and it can be done!! xx
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have hypothyroid. What I find works for me is maintaining a mostly GF diet, weights mixed with cardio, eating as natural as I can (avoiding processed foods- we all have some nights where we go out have what we want and I do too). I found in my 3 yrs since I started this journey that eating as clean and natural as I can really has helped with my energy levels, bloating, and fatigue. Another reason when I cook at home I try to eat fresh veggies, fruits, nuts, beans, greens (kale, baby chard, spinach), tomatoes, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, etc. You get the point.

I have been diagnosed since I was 25 and I am now 38. I have really found there is no shortcut but just staying active, eating as natural and raw as I can, and getting enough sleep. :) Hope that helps!