I feel burned out..I Need help!!

Options
I keep wanting to lose weight..to be consistent..just to do what i did one year ago!!! :( But i keep wishing yet i cant seem to able to find the strength anymore.I just feel tired and burned out and want to curl up into a little hole stocked up with junk food and lie there till i stuff myself to death. Please just please..Tell me something to make me feel better..To make me feel worth of giving myself the body i deserve...I am starting to hate myself for my reckless eating and uncontrollable hunger..But i feel even worse when i realize that i was almost close to my goal and then wrecked it all by relapsing into binge eating.I wish i could stop saying I wish and get on with it.>! I want someone to tell me what exactly to do.I am tired of figuring things out.I just want something to follow that i can blindly believe that will get me to where i want to be!!! Just..please.......I..feel lost..!

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Well, I wish someone had told me what to do. But they never came along. Even if they had - it would not have worked. What has worked is making up my mind to just do it. Every day. Every week. Every month for the last 17 months.

So my advice to you? If you're ready to lose weight, you will do it. Not a minute sooner. No one on MFP that is successful has done it because someone else gave them the motivation. You have to find it within yourself. And you CAN! I finally got tired of not being the one who succeeded at getting healthy.

How bad do you want to get healthy and keep the weight off? Your results will match what you really want. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have no advice, I feel your pain. Your post about made me cry, because I am right there with you...... I could have written this post. ???? Hopefully you will be successful soon.
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I've been there many times. It's a struggle with yourself. You get close you feel better and then it's like you just don't care anymore. One thing that is helping me get thru is looking at how far I have come. I don't know what you are doing for exercise but I took up running. It's something that I can measure my progress in. When I started I couldn't run a block now I'm doing 5k runs. I sign up for a race about every 3 months. Gives me something to focus on and work towards. So when I feel like I'm getting no where I look back at where I started and I see how far I have really come. Don't give up.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think you should go back and read your profile. I found it to be pretty inspirational in itself. I can tell you from struggling with this for over 55 years that You can't wish yourself thin, not pills, not surgery, not anybody but you can make this work. It's a one day, one minute at a time struggle. So today you eat better at one meal, tomorrow maybe a better snack. Walk to the corner today, a little farther tomorrow. It hurts, both emotionally and physically. It won't go away and it will be a long slow painful decline if you do curl up in a ball and just eat yourself sick..........

All that being said, it may also be wise to check in with a counselor, doctor or someone who can maybe give you some emotional support. Depression does not go away, it can be managed, it can be situational, but it also cannot be wished away, and if you're dealing with that on top of the eating issues, It can be a double whammy.

Again, it's one meal, one minute, one act of control at a time. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I get you babe.

This is a part of what you have to tackle to get what you want. Babe the most important thing is to remember what you want and why you want it. I have been the same way but whenever i realize how much i have strayed i dust my self and start fresh. Don't lament on what you have lost work on way ahead.... after not working out for ove 3 months and gaining back 2 kgs i have started again with T25 today..... you need to gather up your awesomness and kill your goal... we all binge sometimes.... if it is really uncontrollable try totalk to someone who has recovered... or maybe get some real help... MOST IMPORTANT: YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN AND EVEN BETTER THIS TIME AROUND
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of you for these words...

I was so much more hopeful when i started to lose weight last year..This time last year..I had already lost around 10lbs and was bubbling with enthusiasm to lose more..Last December..I was at 135lbs which was my fourth Goal weight and just 14lbs away from my Goal weight..!!
    But then i lost sight of how i got where i was..I got used to being called thin..and "so pretty"
    and stopped focusing on losing weight since i was so happy where i was..
    and then went back to what i was..Overweight and unhappy..!!

Now,I want so much to be better..to work harder..but with all the things in my life currently,college,part time job,blogging and planning my brother's wedding...I just seem lost..!!

i wake up at 4.00 everyday to get all my priorities done..and just fall into bed at 10.00 pm...
    I wish i could just move something around and fit in at least half an hour of working out..But i just keep making excuses..
    i still wish i could stop procrastinating!! that's my issue....i think i am doing something fruitful,reading about losing weight..looking at fitspirational things on tumblr..but all that is just procrastination to not do things..and what gets me down the most is that i want to look great for my brothers wedding in January..and i KNOW that i wont be where i want to be by then..and i end up thinking "why bother at all?!"

I know my struggle maybe nothing to people who have lost 100lbs or have to lose much more..but my journey has taken such a toll on me emotionally..i am just wallowing in self disappointment..!!

BUT!!!!!!! these words you have just said makes me realize that i deserve better than pity and disappointment..!! I deserve to have all the things i want in life.I deserve to treat my body right and to keep my body the way it should be.
    I am going to pick myself up,dust myself off and start over new...

I am going to just workout as much as i can and try to learn no to food one day at a time..and even if I am not a size small by my brother's wedding..I will be thinner,more energetic and more happy with myself and that is all anyone wants for themselves isnt it??

I just needed some faith and you guys have given that to me.!!