New to insanity. ......

Options
Just got Insantiy in the mail today. Plan in starting on Monday so I can go with the calendar that came with it. Any pointers? Advice? I've done Jillian micheals and biggest loser DVD 's . This is my second week of doing hip hop abs.
Thanks!

Excited and scared to start Insanity!

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am starting insanity tomorrow! Fit test today!
    I have been scared for almost a year! I am not waiting for a monday! I am not waiting for a 1st of....I am done waiting.....
    It's time......
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Take before pictures (if you want the tshirt there are specific pictures you have to take), but you will be able to see the amazing results, and they will help you keep going!

I think it's very addicting and challenging. Keep with it, don't quit, dig deeper, etc. It's an awesome workout, with awesome results. They don't come easy :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    take before and after pictures and make sure you're eating enough
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Do NOT rely on the scale - make sure you take your measurements!! It is EXTREMELY common for people to not lose weight (some even gain weight) in the first month, but they drop inches...then the weight (and more inches) drop in month two. I've even had clients who don't lose anything (weight or inches) in the first month, but then have it melt away in month two. But in either case, it is SUPER important to follow the nutrition program. :smile:

Moral to the story - Stick with the program (both nutrition and workouts) for the FULL 60 days. Take pics and measurements every 30 days. And IGNORE the scale except on day 1 and day 60. :happy:

I've done Insanity twice (along with just about every other Beachbody program), so feel free to friend me and ask questions. :happy:
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Listen to him when he says go at your own pace and all that jazz. It's very challenging. I just finished it myself and I loved it. I'm going to go back to running more for a few weeks, then do it again.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone on not trusting the scale. I didn't lose any weight on the program, but I lost three percentage points of body fat and 4" off my waist, so I'm happy. The best advice I can give is to watch your form. The number one cause of injury on insanity is bad form. If you feel yourself slipping, stop and fix it. You'll be glad you did. You won't be able to keep up with the people in the vidoes; that's okay. Take a short break when you need to. There's no shame in not being able to do the full circuit at full intensity without stopping. The people in the video even have to stop and take a breather from time to time, and they are fitness professionals (spin instructor, marathoner, etc.). Go at your own pace, as hard as you can without sacrificing form. Stick with it. It's intense, but the results are worth it.
  • AHuffaker14
    Options
    I just started Insanity yesterday. The fit test was hard so i can only imagine what the workouts will be like. but like they said above. go at your own pace. Push yourself but don't over do it. Good Luck!
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just started month 2 a couple of days ago and now I know why it's called Insanity! I agree with others about keeping proper form and taking time to do it right so you don't get hurt. Also I'm on day 38 and have only lost a few pounds but 3.5 inches off my waist and 1 off my hips. It's the hardest workout I've EVER done but I'm getting more results in less time. Diet is as important as doing the program though. Making sure you're eating enough calories is so important. I can feel my body changing everyday and I'm so excited to see my final results! Good luck:smile:
  • heytheresierra
    Options
    u got this!!!
  • shawnakrebs
    shawnakrebs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Get ready to get your behind kicked. Week 4 now and still loving it, although some days I just feel like being lazy. Push through your down days and follow the calendar. Eat enough good food and stay off the scale!! I need to keep telling myself this. If not, then you will get really discouraged really fast. Your body will retain water for the first month, so you will need to go by your measurements, cloths and cardio. Have fun!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We will defiantly be taking pictures before hand.
    Thanks!
    Take before pictures (if you want the tshirt there are specific pictures you have to take), but you will be able to see the amazing results, and they will help you keep going!

I think it's very addicting and challenging. Keep with it, don't quit, dig deeper, etc. It's an awesome workout, with awesome results. They don't come easy :)
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Hubby and I are waiting until Monday to start for a couple reasons....first I'm weird about being on the same day as the calendar that came with the program.....second, we are putting inch thick exercise mats in the basement so we can work out down there and they don't get delivered until Friday or Saturday. I've been working out in our upstairs bedroom and don't really have a lot of room but I'm dedicated to working out so I did what I could.