1st Day- One Day At A Time

Options
This is the first day for me, and Im taking it one day at a time. Im learning my way around this web site, so far it sounds great. Any advice would be useful. Thanks

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is an absolutely wonderful website. The calorie counter and exercise diary is totally awesome. The support, encouragement, and motivation from others is really awesome also. Everyone on this site is or has been in the same place as you - just getting started. All of us started this journey with apprehension and some trepidation that we might fail yet again. Probably the most important thing to acknowledge is that this is YOUR journey, YOUR life. You are in Control - every step of the way. It is easy to blame something else, or someone else, but the bottom line is - we are all making choices each and every day. Those choices can be healthy, or they can be less then healthy. Choose that which is healthy - healthy diet, adequate exercise, adequate rest - and you get healthy results.

Blessings to you as you progress on your journey.

Vickie
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    It is a very good site. I just did my second week. And I love it... I lose 3.5 pounds in two weeks which is good for me... I am not a fast loser. I have been on so many diets on and off. . But like you said I take one day at a time and hope one day I will reach my goal and then maintain to keep it there... Good Luck to you....
  • ElaineBarron
    Options
    Hey! It's my first day, as well. I can't even find where to post my introduction on the Message Board. So I just clicked on your message, to see if somehow that would allow me an identity! Any hints?
  • turbojanem
    Options
    take it one day at a time. sometimes i take it one minutes at a time. when i "fall of the wagon" i don't wait till the next day or "Monday" to get back on the wagon. i don't beat myself up for my poor choice. i pick myself up, give myself a hug (just like you would do if you were talking to a small child that is learning to walk!) and get my behiney back on the wagon. right then and there. no waiting. every calorie does count. every step/movement you take counts.

we are all here for you, cheering you on!
    have a GREAT day!
    Jane
  • brewbab
    Options
    This has been your most difficult challenge; deciding to start and then actually doing it. Great first Step!

This process can be a little like AA, it's all about TODAY. Not what happened yesterday and not 3 months down the road. Watch your expectations, they can get ahead of you and divert you from what you need to do right now. And the most important thing I can pass along; if you pay attention to change, you'll get results; if you pay attention to results you will not enact change.
    brewbab

P.S. Be realistic, expect an occasional backsliding, then be kind and move forward, it's an overall accumulation of effort that equals the sum total, not each and every single little thing. No one's perfect
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    You girls really gave some good advice. Luv it
  • ArmyWife815
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I found this site June 12 and it has changed my life. I had just about given up trying to lose weight the conventional way and was about to have lap band surgery. Thank God I found this site. Please read my blog entry "One Pound At a Time". Perhaps it will give you some motivation as you began this journey!!! We truly must take it One Day at Time and One Pound At a Time. Best wishes!!!:smile: