curious on target cal's for women 5'7" in the 160's

Options
MandiK3
MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
I have a fairly sedentary lifestyle my current calories are set at 1450 I'm fine most of the day, but then night time comes around and I'm like a nut looking for food and trying not to binge!! My TDEE/BMR 1865/1554 I'm moving my target calories to 1650 ish just curious on women of similar build what is your "magic number" and still losing??

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Height 5'7" weight 161lbs
    Setting is at "active"...I am a mover.
    Calorie range that produces weight loss (bf% decrease) is 1700-1800cals
    I really don't like to eat less than that, for the exact reasons you are mentioning....I'm looking for something to eat!
    I don't mind being a little hungry, but not TOO hungry. I can't emotionally handle it, makes me plummet emotionally.
  • MandiK3
    Options
    bump
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • sarahslayer
    sarahslayer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" (I'm exactly 7.5 inches and I never know if I should but 7" or 8" so I usually put 7")

I just started MFP a couple days ago but I was 160 lbs at the start and I'm 36 yrs old. At first I put sedentary but after a few days I realized that I'm up and around quite a bit with my two kiddos and I also was feeling 'deprived.' So I just changed my profile to 'lightly active'. With that change my current goal is set to 1480 when I put that I'd like to lose 1 lb/week. We'll see how it goes.

I am a habitual night snacker so I'm trying to really differentiate my habit vs. an actual feeling of hunger. I'm also trying to start my day with more protein in the am and see if that helps my cravings by PM.
  • MandiK3
    Options
    How old are you?