Breaking Bad (may include spoilers)

Options
Haltermania
Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
All I have to say after the 3rd episode is WOW. Walt's confession was so awesome and in-depth that the look on Hank's face was priceless. This round goes to Walt IMO

Replies

• GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree...WOW! Yes, Hank's look was priceless. Sunday evening can't get here fast enough.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    That was awesome. At first I thought he was REALLY confessing & I was going to be seriously disappointed. But, it turned it around on Hank. I love that show. Jessie pisses me off though.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    That was awesome. At first I thought he was REALLY confessing & I was going to be seriously disappointed. But, it turned it around on Hank. I love that show. Jessie pisses me off though.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any more of Jesse after next week.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options

I hope not. He needs to take a permanent trip to the desert.
  • Haltermania
    Options
    Yea finally Jesse has snapped, it took me a minute to figure out that is how the ricin taking out and when realized poor Sal getting his *kitten* kicked,
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Jesse's days are numbered. If he's not killed or kills himself I'll be surprised.

And turning it around on Hank? Damn, that was awesome.
  • Haltermania
    Options
    Jesse's days are numbered. If he's not killed or kills himself I'll be surprised.

And turning it around on Hank? Damn, that was awesome.

I have a feeling Jesse will die in a awesome way or Walt will use that ricin and watch jesse suffer that is my gut feeling
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Awww :( I like Jesse. He's gone off the deep end, though. But I can't blame him. The *kitten* he has put up with and everything he's been through, I just feel bad for the guy. I fncking hate Walt. But he is a fantastic bad guy. I love to hate him. He is just an awful human being. I think he's going to go down in a blaze of glory.

I want Jesse to escape and live in Alaska and find a sweet girl to settle down with. Poor lil feller.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options

To Belize!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options
    I'm anxious to see what role Todd plays in all of this. I think Walt retrieving the ricin has to do with him.
  • Haltermania
    Options
    Yea Walt could end the ties with Todd and his family members involved, thats another good way it could be used
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I read in an interview with Bryan Cranston that he and Aaron Paul read their lines together for the last episode in Jesse's house, which is apparently a tradition they've had since Season 1. It could be a flash-back dealie, but it wouldn't surprise me if Walt fails to kill him.

Or, he could bite it in the desert. Either way, it is good TV.

As for the confession, I re-watched a few episodes of Season 4 last night, and Skyler planted this confession seed in Walt's head a long time ago. Of course, she was talking about Gus forcing Walt to cook, and not Hank. Nonetheless, it was pure genius.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I didn't think for a minute that Walt would corner and threaten Hank the way he did. I thought possibly Hank would have mixed feelings for family etc. this fits with Hank's black and white moralistic thinking. I love the way this show was written.

One of my favourite scenes is the one (last year) where Hank is so sad and distraught about all his witnesses being murdered and he compares his job in the forest picking trees to his job now chasing monsters. All Walt says is "I always liked camping".
    He's so dispicable!!!!

The confession is brilliant.
    The only thing that is nagging at me is why would Walt pay for Hank's physiotherapy treatment when Hank is head of the drug empire and Gus' partner?
    ( so the money wouldn't be traced? I dunno)
    As for Jesse. My only absolute hope for Breaking Bad is that Jesse turns out alright:(
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options
    I didn't think for a minute that Walt would corner and threaten Hank the way he did. I thought possibly Hank would have mixed feelings for family etc. this fits with Hank's black and white moralistic thinking. I love the way this show was written.

One of my favourite scenes is the one (last year) where Hank is so sad and distraught about all his witnesses being murdered and he compares his job in the forest picking trees to his job now chasing monsters. All Walt says is "I always liked camping".
    He's so dispicable!!!!

The confession is brilliant.
    The only thing that is nagging at me is why would Walt pay for Hank's physiotherapy treatment when Hank is head of the drug empire and Gus' partner?
    As for Jesse. My only absolute hope for Breaking Bad is that Jesse turns out alright:(

I could be wrong, but I thought Walt said that he was forced to continue to help Hank so Hank could pay for his own therapy.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options

I wondered this as well a few episodes back...why did Walt never bat an eye when it came to paying for Hank's treatment. Now, with the confession, it is very apparent that Walt is a very, very smart man. Paying the medical bills puts Hank in Walt's back pocket...treatment paid with drug money, the very money Hank is trying to stop. Hank has no case against Walt at this time without implicating himself as well as his wife as co-conspirators.

Isn't it amazing how the writers and the show itself have made most of us cheer for the drug cartel and hoping for Walt to succeed? Or is it that we are cheering for a very smart middle class man that only wants to take care of his family?
  • Zaniejane
    Options
    It really is brilliant. Just when WW couldn't be more dispicable, slimy and manipulative, he does something brilliant, or we see his vulnerable side, and then I have empathy for him or I admire his courage.
  • Zaniejane
    Options
    Walt just says in the confession: "I wound up paying his medical bills which amounted to..."
    Great that this is how Hank finds out:)

During the confession Walt rubs his nose when talking about his fear of Hank. This is a self soothing gesture that people do subconsciously when they are distraught. Walt is really amazing. <3
  • Haltermania
    Options
    yea Walt definitely has had a plan along to cover his tracks, its awesome how previous seasons have linked to his confession