Guys what's your favorite food while dieting ???

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

Not even joking. I never liked ice cream until I started losing weight. Now I eat it every night.

I never ate ice cream until I saw how much this guy eats, and now I also eat it every night. I even make my own now.
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Low fat spaghetti bolognaise, using lean mince, onions, mushrooms, tin of vegetable ratatouille and tin of chopped tomatoes, black pepper - served with whole wheat pasta (small serving)

OR

Lasagne (same recipe as bolognaise for sauce) use whole wheat lasagne sheets and only one layer of cheese - I use COTTAGE CHEESE instead of béchamel sauce as once its melted it tastes like really mature cheddar cheese YUMM

OR

Slimming World chicken curry using chick pea dahl - serve with brown rice

All my favourite foods but LOW FAT versions but still VERY TASTY!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, my favorite foods are always my favorite foods, but I think I know what you mean. My favorite low(er) calorie, keep em on track, type food is probably Flat Out brand wraps. Only 90-100 calories and I can stuff everything I typically put in a salad or regular sandwich in there. (I've always salads were such a pain to eat and you just can't stuff as many veggies between 2 slices of bread as you can in a wrap)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

Not even joking. I never liked ice cream until I started losing weight. Now I eat it every night.

I never ate ice cream until I saw how much this guy eats, and now I also eat it every night. I even make my own now.

You put alcohol in yours, which is an unexpected stroke of genius. This is why you're you, and I'm me.
  • Michaeljferreira17
    Options
    Chicken breast, egg whites and almonds. Only things that keep me from going crazy.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a sweet tooth that I need to satisfy even when on a diet, so I have a bowl of berries (always keep blueberries, raspberries, etc in freezer) with a merengue nest and some low fat yoghurt. Sweet and full of vitamins, but not high in calories!

I do that too!
    I heat the berries in the microwave and crumble the meringue on top. Makes the best pudding. Oh, and for true decadence add a half pot of sugar free jelly. 5 calories, no fat!

And my diet involves checking calories, and keeping sensible limits. But the idea of not avoiding certain foods seems counter-productive to me.

Just saying, don't moan at me.:ohwell:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    *duplicate post* so here is a food gif!

l.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    All of them. I am not dieting. I am living life with balance and control.

This. Absolutely this! Well, maybe not chocolate licorice. Who the hell though that was an appropriate foodstuff?
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    All food is diet food. I don't understand the question.

Of course you do.
    You just choose to make your own point this way.

That's fine, but I am sure you know precisely what the op means.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    All of them. I am not dieting. I am living life with balance and control.

This. Absolutely this!

IN. For balance and control. (Okay, sometimes I'm outta control, but that's life.) :wink:
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Zone Bars and Smoothies made of grapes, blueberries, banana and protein powder
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    *duplicat post* so here is a food gif!

l.jpg

And I just got hungry. Thanks for sabotaging my diet!!!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    *duplicat post* so here is a food gif!

l.jpg

And I just got hungry. Thanks for sabotaging my diet!!!!

NP. Anytime!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I tend to snack on my confirmation bias. It feels great, has no calories, and its puffed out my chest quite nicely and I don't even workout.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

You put alcohol in yours, which is an unexpected stroke of genius. This is why you're you, and I'm me.
    That is genius... now I want some.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Sticky-toffee-pudding-007.jpg

Probably has 500 kcals in one serving so I don't eat it much.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Pig in any form or fashion.

1) BACON!
    2) Pork loin
    3) Shredded pork
    4) Pork shoulder
    5) Pork butt
    6) Pork chops
    7) etc, etc, etc......

and, grilled jalapenos, Sriracha sauce, 1% milk, peanut butter, and just about any green, red, or white vegetable.

These are all my staples
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE low fat greek yogurt with eithe blueberries or rasberries in it. I just started eating it and to me its like a really filling dessert.

Steamed brocolli and cauliflour with a little spray of "I cant believe its not butter spray" and sometimes a sprinkle of parmesan

Asparagus - a little bunch of them, maybe 5-6, add a little garlic, and wrap them in two slices of bacon and bake.
  • 3sixtyFit
    Options
    Turkey, chicken and eggs!!!
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Kale.

But I don't really diet so I guess its just a favorite food.
    Saute it, add it to omlettes, soups, salads, sandwiches, pretty much anything you could make with spinach.
    You can bake it to make chips.

My fav salad is ripped up kale, avocado, quinoa, lemon juice, and chopped carrots. Use your hands to massage the avocado into the kale and make it softer, then add everything else to taste. Eat cold. Simple but a complete meal.