Starting my first full day on w/Myfitnesspal

Options
duprey54
duprey54 Posts: 4
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Morning all ..

I am trying to acquaint myself with this community and just found a post which is quite true, and quite frankly quite me --- "You can make excuses -- or you can get results, but you can't do both". Don't know who poster or the author, but it is so true in all aspects of life; thanks for those words.

I've heard in the past that it takes on average 12 days to form solid habits and only 3 to fall off. Hoping that with each day of posting my entries I will start to see a pattern and my weak spots. Here's hoping I can stick to this one.

:smile:

Replies

• FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hoping that with each day of posting my entries I will start to see a pattern and my weak spots.

That's exactly what happened to me. Good luck to you! And welcome!
  • Terilyn623
    Options
    I love that! "You can make excuses or you can get results!" I think I will use that as my first daily mantra :happy: Thank you.
  • TexanDad1979
    Options
    welcome, been here for 15 days and love this site
  • bikiniaday
    Options
    You can do it! Welcome!
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp.
    I wasn't going to walk or anything yesterday because of the humidity here. Until my husband turned on the baseball game. I got to thinking, these people are in pants and long sleeve shirts, I can get my butt off this couch and walk for a few miles.
  • romined1
    romined1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my first day also
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My 1st full day - reregistered yesterday. I love the saying!!
  • JavaJoMama_6xx
    Options
    Wow, what an eye-opening quote!! Thanks for sharing :)
This discussion has been closed.