Hi! I just joined...

Options
Hello MFP's,

I just joined as a couple friends recommended the site to me. I weigh too much and have 132 pounds to lose. I have been overweight my entire adult life. I have diabetes and other health problems.. But If I can lose some of this I maybe able to get off some of these meds.

This is for me, for my health so that I can watch my children start their families (when they are MUCH older)..

I am excited to get started and do it. I am joining a gym in a month (we are relocating).

I have alot to learn but am excited to start losing...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MAbbate
    Options
    Welcome! You couldn't have come to a better place! Everyone is very supportive, encouraging and motivating! You will find excellent tips, ideas, recipes and so much more. Use this site as much as you can; you will find great success and meet some wonderful people along your journey. Feel free to "friend" me if you need a pal. I am relatively new, as well (3 weeks) and I have about 60 pounds to lose. We are all in this together, but together we can all meet our goals! Have a great day!
    Marlene
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome! You WILL do this :) We're here to support you :)
  • lkelley87
    Options
    :bigsmile: I just joined a few weeks ago, and I can't believe how much it has already changed my behavior just because I realize what I have been doing to myself! I am glad you joined. Best of luck to you!!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can definitely do it and MFP has been great for me - as well as my mom, my sis-in-law and my daughter :smile: I wanted to lose about 95 - joined in February and have lost 53 lbs already (I'm thinking will hit 55 lb mark on Monday, my weigh-in day). My mom has lost 73 - she joined the same time as me. My daughter just joined a couple weeks ago and has lost 10. Sis in law started losing weight on her own a couple years ago and had already lost about 70 I think. She's lost another 20 or 25 since joining here shortly after I did.

Definitely a LOT of encouragement here and like the above poster said - recipes, motivation, help, friends. All here! Feel free to friend me as well. I log in here every day and most days several times a day. Good luck!
  • TomLyle321
    Options
    Welcome, and any questions you might have on how I do it, don't hesitate to ask, even if you think it might be too personal. Once you get into your new routine and lifestyle change, it isn't all that bad, and the benefits are many for all different areas of your life.
    I wish you the best in your weight loss journey, for what we can't do by ourselves, we can do together.
    Best wishes always,
    Bill