I love the compliments..does that make me vain?

Options
angel79202
angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
because i know how hard this journey can be..I thought I'd share some of my recent compliments to hopefully inspire someone that the pain is worth it..it does pay off :-) I have 19.5 pounds to go but and down 34..

A few weeks ago i went to my OBGYN for my blood draw and the nurse i know looked my way but walked right past me until i called her name..she didn't recognize me! her mouth dropped open and she couldn't stop complimenting me :-)

I had a doctor's appointment Friday to discuss my back pain with my regular doc..I guess i have lost 7 pounds since i was there last and my doctor kept complimenting me and encouraging my weight loss :-)..I discussed my goal weight with him and he agreed, I am so lucky to have such a supportive doctor..

So i walked into work Friday after my appointment and was clocking in..I worked in a skilled nursing facility and the medical director was at the desk. I went over to talk to him about his check..he wasn't listening..he said "oh my gosh, have u lost a lot of weight?" So I told him 34 pounds and he kept complimenting me telling me how great I look, and two male nurses within earshot chimed in about how they tell me how the time and how great i look..awe...makes concentrating on these last 19.5 pounds easier..

Replies

• verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!

That's awesome :drinker:
  • dolliesnlollies
    Options
    That's so great and NO it doesn't make you vain! You look and feel better.. well being is very important.

I can't wait to have that much change and I'm working hard to get there.. mine says 34 lbs lost but I counted the lbs I lost since I was pregnant... HA HA.. Cheating but makes me feel like I've come a long way already. :P.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    To hell with modesty when we're working as hard as we are!!! LOL! You look great girl! IMO, it's okay to acknowledge that fact. :)
  • spinndiva
    Options
    Way to go!!! :) You look amazing! This is not vanity! You deserve each and every one of those compliments! Enjoy it! You worked hard for them! Keep it up!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Nope, not vain, we are soaking up the support. We have worked very hard and for the first 10-15 pounds our efforts most likely when unnoticed. I find I crave some one saying well done. I've lost 25, got rid of all my size 16-18 cloths today, and feel pretty good about myself. Strange that people in my circle haven't said anything. I don't think it's vanity, I think we just don't want to be invisible anymore. Someone saying "hi, you look great, healthy, I admire your strength and determination", would be nice.
    So I'll say it to you. You look great. THat must have taken lots of effort and control. It looks awsome on you. Proud of you,....
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Not at all. I personally found the compliments/ shocked recognition strong motivation and they really perked me up and made me want to go the extra mile! I think that is one thing that makes being in maintenance mode more difficult; because the accolades have faded and now it really is just up to me to want this (and I do)! Soak up the compliments and let them float you along for those last 19.5 pounds! You are well on your way and have earned every compliment you receive. Kudos to yoU!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You did good.
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Girl, when your workin hard like you are those compliments are part of the paycheck. Take them in and enjoy every last one of them. I find it motivating (since I don't use a scale) to hear that someone has noticed. BTW, keep up the good work, and girl you are lookin' great!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I consider it a reward for all the hard work. You look amazing!
  • MissKaybug
    Options
    No! This does NOT make you vain! Those compliments are all well deserved for all of us!!
    After my experience last night, I just have to chime in on this. We were headed for a "political" dinner for our local candidates. I chose to were a pretty "bright" purple sweater, jeans,and........black pumps (which I have NEVER done, wear pumps with jeans I mean) My husbands eyes wiggled and he said "wow, you look good, baby!" I got several compliments, but the greatest was when I got home and someone had sent me a message on FB telling me how great and SEXY i looked! And he seen it as well and said, "I see other people are noticing my sexy wife, too..........don't forget I told you first how good you looked!!"

Ya gotta love the men in your life, don't ya??

Have a great day ladies!!! And soak in all those compliments, we are WORTH it!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    It's almost like bittersweet revenge on the ones that would insult you about your weight, isn't it? Great job! And no, it doesn't make you vain. :bigsmile:
  • sergeant771
    Options
    No you are not vain. Face it, we all look forward to people noticing that we have lost weight and such positive comments money can't buy. Lord knows we got enough looks and criticism in one form or another when we were overweight. It's one heckuva an accomplishment to make such changes in ourselves.

806322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!