Day 3 for me....i've never tried to lose weight before...

Options
Hi, my name is michelle, i'm 34. when i graduated from high school in 1994 i weighed 120lbs and could eat anything i wanted. my family and friends always said things like, "you make me sick" and "it will all catch up with you one day" at the time i was like, "psh whatever". well i got married in Feb of 1999 to my first husband and in Dec of 99 found out i was pregnant. i was so happy and energetic throughout my entire pregnancy the problem was for the first time in my life i craved sweets and ate them every night, then it turned into day and night and by the time i delivered my daughter in Aug of 2000 weighed 208. at my first dr appointment my gyno said well with your body type, age and weight you should gain between 30-40lbs. at my 7 month check up he told me i had gained way too much weight and needed to lose some before the next visit, i weighed 165. well wednesday morning of THIS WEEK for whatever reason i decided to stand on the scales and when it said 165 i cried like a baby. i knew i was gaining weight because my clothes werent fitting me and i could just tell but i didnt stand on the scales for months i guess i was afraid of what i might see as i shouldve been. so this is day 3, i'm on a mission and plan to be 130-140 very soon. when i met my 2nd husband in march of 2008 i weighed 130lbs so 35lbs later here i am, thank goodness he loves me because i'm having a hard time loving myself!!! i've never tried to lose weight before because i've never really had to but for some reason since marrying my husband everything i put in my mouth goes straight to my stomach....i dont know if its my age or what, i dont do anything different than i was doing before we met. its mind boggling to me but i'm determined to fit back in the jeans i was wearing the night we met!!!! that is my goal, i just hope its not unrealistic!!

Replies

• jessicajm
    Options
    Michelle! Welcome. You'll get lots of support here. I put on nearly 100 pounds when I was PG for my first son. I feel your pain. Add me if you'd like.
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nothing is unrealistic.........people here are great and will support you through thick :( and thin :). Pun intended! Welcome. Add me too if you like.
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You will get some great support and tools from this site!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    Hi Michelle,
    I'm new to myfitnesspal too, but no stranger to the struggles of weight.
    I currently lost 85 pounds and working hard to reach my goal of losing 15 more!
    This website is GREAT and you will definitely find what you are looking for.
    Add me if you'd like :)
  • jadeskiss83
    Options
    Hi MIchelle...
    I gained sixty five pounds while I was pregnant with my first son and never was able to drop the weight. I had my second son 3 months ago and gained withing the normal healthy ranage of thirty pounds with him but still had all that weight from before to lose, so here I am! Best of luck to you on your journey....feel free to add as a friend.