I've put on 8lb :( Motivation needed please.

Options
Hello all,

I started on my weight loss journey approximately 16 months ago and up until April this year I'd managed to lose 60lb in total (I had been taking it fairly slowly until I discovered MFP in January 2013, then stepped up a gear). Between January and April this year I was really "in the zone".... eating well, exercising and my attitudes towards food changed massively. I then fell off the wagon a bit, and spent a couple of months on/off, not losing any weight but not putting any on.

However, over the past two months I've put on 8lb. There are a number of things that have probably contributed towards this - a new relationship, starting the combined pill and a two week holiday in Vegas. I now feel like the fattest lump in the world and my self confidence has taken a massive hit.

I really, really want to get back to the mindset I was in a few months ago, but I'm terrified of failing again. Please can people give me some motivational/inspiring words and tell me that I can do this?! Thanks xx

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Just do it.
    -Nike
  • alvzbird
    Options
    Hiya. I can appreciate how you feel. I had lost a little bit since been on MFP and was really pleased with myself and old clothes were gradually beginning to fit me which was great. But i have since had sometime off work and have put on the weight i lost and more :-( as i didnt log on to MFP so didnt watch calorie intake or portion sizes so i have put on the weight i lost and a bit more so i have been feeling a bit down too. But i've decided im not going to let it get me down because it is just a minor set back so from this week am starting afresh! :happy: as the saying goes when you fall off your horse you just get up and get back on and try again, well i think thats how it goes anyway lol. Can add me as a friend if it will help
  • mmkaye
    mmkaye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Think of all the cute, little, sexy things you can get for yourself! I'm an older person but still want cute, little, sexy things!
  • hollykeyes8
    Options
    Keep you head up! So you've had a bad couple of months? Forget about and think only about moving forward! Do you eat the same meals everyday? Well if you do change it up! And if you do slip up and binge eat, drink lots of water to flush your system, eat fruits and vegetables to give your body some nutrients, workout so your metabolism is revved up and most important MOVE ON! You can't get over it if all you do is think about it! You are doing fantastic!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I started my journey in Feb 2012 and that Nov I reached my gaol weight but 2013 has been very hard for me and I gained quit a bit back and I'm hoping to get back on track so the holidays won't seem so scary :) Feel free to add me as a friend, we can encourage each other.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Just do it.
    -Nike

This.
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Let me say this: YOU are MY HERO! Here is why:

You have lost 60 pounds! Yay!
    You have come seeking motivation before a small gain turns into a big one.

Look at what YOU have accomplished!!

Now, are you tracking your food? Drinking your water? Exercising? If not and it seems overwhelming, pick one and start NOW. As in TODAY.

You've got this!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Let me say this: YOU are MY HERO! Here is why:

You have lost 60 pounds! Yay!
    You have come seeking motivation before a small gain turns into a big one.

Look at what YOU have accomplished!!

Now, are you tracking your food? Drinking your water? Exercising? If not and it seems overwhelming, pick one and start NOW. As in TODAY.

You've got this!

I couldn't agree more! The fact that you really haven't gained out of control is awesome! You lost 60 lbs, you CAN get back on track.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ahhh thank you to everyone who replied. Your words were just what I needed! I know I am capable of this, it's just self-doubt that ruins it for me! I've spent today planning out healthy meals for the rest of the week and I'm quite excited now at the prospect of spending time making healthy, yummy food. Fingers crossed I will stick with it! :)
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon and gained 7 pounds in a matter of weeks. Just get back on track. It can be done. Start NOW so you can't put it off until you've eaten another package of Oreos (which is exactly what I did, multiple times making the damage much worse).
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    You've lost 60lbs total so 8lbs should be a walk in the park! You got this. I always say consistency is the key. Keep exercising and eating well. We're all going to have off days, but as long as your off days are small in number you'll be fine. :) believe you can and you will!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Look at what you have already achieved, a +50 loss. That's no mean fete. Dust yourself off and start again, your doing the important thing by still being here. Good luck
  • jazcndoit
    jazcndoit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand where you are right now!!! I had lost 71lbs in Feb and bc of many changes (a new relationship included) I gained 6lbs I think. But, that was not the end in April I had knee surgery and to make long story short I gained a total of 32lbs!!!! It's been about 2wks since I have religiously log in to MFP and have manage to drop 13lbs (most water weight).. You can do this!! It takes a lot of courage to loose 1lbs let alone 60lbs!! So, one day at a time.. and remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! ^_^
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm glad people understand :) It's so easy to get hung up on "failures" and ignore the bigger picture! I sat down last night and made a list of all the things I can do now that I couldn't do when I was 50lb+ heavier (shop in high street stores, bend over to tie my shoelaces, cross my legs comfortably!) - it made me feel so much better and reminded me how far I've come. I've had a good week this week, the scales are already showing a loss again so that's made me feel better :) Thanks to everyone for their kind works. I CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!! :)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Picturex_zps431be46a.jpg

The blue is what you gained back. Looks like a small piece of pie. Go turn it red. Piece of cake.