Turbo Jam vs. Turbo Fire

Options
I've been doing Turbo Jam for about a year, and I LOVE the "Cardio Party" mixes. As I've lost weight, I've been doing more moves and increasing my speed. 45 minutes used to feel like death, but now I feel powerful and energized when I finish. :)

I still don't feel comfortable jumping because of my feet and knees, though, so I usually do the low-impact modifications for the jumps.

I'd really like to try "Turbo Fire", but how is it in comparison to Turbo Jam? More punching/kicking/running and such is fine, but is there a lot of jumping? Does she still have a couple of instructors doing low-impact modifications?

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is much higher impact, but they do have an instructor doing the lower impact modifications. I did the lower impact options and still felt like I was going to die by the time I finished. LOL
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is much higher impact, but they do have an instructor doing the lower impact modifications. I did the lower impact options and still felt like I was going to die by the time I finished. LOL

Sounds perfect! :) I need something challenging to get myself out of this rut. Plus, I'm getting kind of bored with the DVDs I have. I've been blowing off exercise on occasion not because I don't want to, but because I don't feel like doing any of the workouts I own. I have some new stuff bookmarked on Amazon, so I might tack "Turbo Fire" onto that wish list. :)
  • trishful
    trishful Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is much more intense. There is a schedule to follow, if you choose to. There are HIIT workouts as well as longer workouts. I really like it, I do a mix of the higher and lower intensity workouts because a lot of the squats to jumps kill my knees. I'm hoping to work into it.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Sounds perfect! :) I need something challenging to get myself out of this rut. Plus, I'm getting kind of bored with the DVDs I have. I've been blowing off exercise on occasion not because I don't want to, but because I don't feel like doing any of the workouts I own. I have some new stuff bookmarked on Amazon, so I might tack "Turbo Fire" onto that wish list. :)

You could also try searching YouTube for clips and save them in a playlist. Save you some money, and you can get a ton of variety! I get most of my workouts through YouTube now.
  • tanya0324
    tanya0324 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I recently saw Turbo Fire advertised for like $40. You may want to check the beachbody website.
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I mention "Turbo Jam", and all the BeachBody coaches blow up my Inbox to sell me shakes. Happens every time...
  • mrshobie
    Options
    Turbo Fire is more intense and the HIIT work outs are the best.. just when you can't possibly do another move, boom it's over.. intense but good...