DEMORALIZED

Options
I have never been this down in my life about my weight. My utter despair comes from the fact that I have been vigorously exercising 5-6 a week with cardio classes, running, weight-liftng classes and have never eaten more healthy than the past three weeks. And I have not lost even one ounce....

I know people will give the same old story line about "muscle weighs more than fat" and that I shouldn't pay attention to the scale but that's NOT what I'm talkign about . I'm talking about my pants are still too tight. I still can't wear the dresses I want to.

Some will say "you are eating too few calories" which doesn't make a lick of sense since you take calories burned - calories consumed to get a net loss. I've been eating around 1200-1300 calories a day from egg whites, chicken, almonds, apples, spinach, tuna, protein shakes...I have not had a drop of alcohol or even a single bite of sweets in over three weeks.

I am ready to call a plastic surgeon and see about lipo-suction even though my family can't afford it.

Last spring I went through a rough patch with my son and dropped 10 pounds from not being able to eat from worry. When things got better the wieght came back but now I feel like I am doomed never ever ever to be able to shed the 10 extra pounds plopping over my the waist of my shorts.

Does anyone have any real expertise about what the heck is happening? I am 56 years old(female) and have always been active. I like exercising. But it seems futile in regards to losing the weight so that I can wear my clothes.

Replies