T-25 HIIT training

Options
Has anyone been doing this and have an idea on how many calories are burned? I am assuming I would just use the Circuit Training for the amount of time...???? or something else?...any suggestions? Thanks friends!!!!

Replies

• simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You can make your own exercise up.. Go to exercise my exercises up top then create exercise..
    You burn mad calories with that workout.
  • singha99
    singha99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It is INTENSE even if you do the modified, which I do since I am a plus size gal...for now LOL. Shaun keeps you motivated and does not let you quit. At the end I feel GREAT but tired.

I would suggest using aerobics high impact if you do unmodified, low impact if you do modified. I purchased a polar FT40 on eBay because I need a more accurate calorie burn count. Hope this helps.
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The estimator on "circuit training" will likely sell you short on calorie burn for T25 quite a bit. It usually estimates about 100 calories less (sometimes more) than what my HRM tells me.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Here are my burns for the Alpha workouts in this program. I'm at maintenance, 48, 5'5.5" 135-140 lbs, and used to high intensity exercise.Your burns will probably be different, but this gives you an idea.

Alpha Cardio: 213
    Alpha Speed 1.0: 194
    Alpha Total Body Circuit: 210
    Alpha Lower Focus: 151
    Alpha Ab Intervals: 119
  • IZackV13
    Options
    Whoa, that is WAY off of what I'm hitting. Normally 330-360 calories not including cool-down. HR peaks around 165 and lowest around 120.

I guess it just depends on how hard you go?
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Whoa, that is WAY off of what I'm hitting. Normally 330-360 calories not including cool-down. HR peaks around 165 and lowest around 120.

I burn about the same as Karint74. When I was heavier, I would burn alot more calories. I have read that men generally burn more doing the same exercise. In t25, you work hard anyway, LOL!!!!!! Even during modifications:)
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am super excited to kick this off tonight!!! For those that did it were you happy with your results? Would you mind sharing them? Thanks again!!!!
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am super excited to kick this off tonight!!! For those that did it were you happy with your results? Would you mind sharing them? Thanks again!!!!
    Hi:) I started week 5 today, and, while I didn't lose many pounds, I did lose alot of inches. Except in week 4; no change. Maybe this is telling me my body is ready for Beta, which I start on Monday. I see good definition starting in my abs. Mind you, I am down 81 pounds, so the annoying thing is that I have that extra skin that hangs off all my hard work:/ But I am lighter, I feel healthier, too. If you can, get a Heart Rate Monitor to see your progress. You will work up a sweat in those little 25 minutes. I was foolish to say "25 minutes? easy! Cake walk!"--nope!!!!!!:) The cool thing is you don't need all that equipment. And Shaun T talks you through the whole workout.
  • IZackV13
    Options
    I'm in my first week of Beta, and just burned 453 calories in 25 minutes...

I'm down 17 lbs since July 4th, so I know I'm getting a legit burn. I also have used my Timex and a Polar HRM from a buddy to verify caloric burn, and the numbers definitely jive.

At 171 lbs, I'm nearing my goal of 165 (down from 188). I really think the caloric expenditure is just as much dependent on level of effort as it is on your weight.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It is INTENSE even if you do the modified, which I do since I am a plus size gal...for now LOL. Shaun keeps you motivated and does not let you quit. At the end I feel GREAT but tired.

I would suggest using aerobics high impact if you do unmodified, low impact if you do modified. I purchased a polar FT40 on eBay because I need a more accurate calorie burn count. Hope this helps.

I agree with getting the FT40. It's amazing. Where I thought I was burning around 400 at my crossfit class.. I was really burning close to 800. I was shocked.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Men 5'10'', 170 pounds, I burned 300-450 calories in the Alpha phase of Focus T25.
  • IZackV13
    Options
    Men 5'10'', 170 pounds, I burned 300-450 calories in the Alpha phase of Focus T25.

Now THAT'S more like it! I was beginning to think that I was either a genetic freak or every HRM I've ever used was broken. The estimates given for Alpha a few posts above are extremely low, IMO.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Now THAT'S more like it! I was beginning to think that I was either a genetic freak or every HRM I've ever used was broken. The estimates given for Alpha a few posts above are extremely low, IMO.

Those burns were what my HRM calculated doing the workouts at full effort with no modifications. My burns are *much* lower than they were when I first got my HRM last October. Combination of being lighter, more fit, and more used to strenuous exercise. My overall heartrate is just lower on everything for the same effort. Even my resting HR is down to 49 (used to be 72). So I'm not so sure heartrate is such a great way to measure burns, at least for me anymore. Through trial and error, I have noticed that I do much better when I eat a similar amount of food every day regardless of how much I burn. So I switched to the TDEE method (In Place of a Road Map). I just recorded these burns because I was curious.
  • IZackV13
    Options
    Perhaps part of it is I take a pre-workout thermogenic also. I am not stimulant sensitive at ALL, but it could be helping with the HR during workout. I use Alphamine, and it's awesome.

Either way, not knocking on your caloric burn; just felt odd that mine was substantially higher even while nearing my ideal/goal weight of 165 lbs (6'1"; down from 188 lbs 8 weeks ago).
  • Miragirl13
    Options

Same for me I am 5'5 160 lbs and I burn between 330-380.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Perhaps part of it is I take a pre-workout thermogenic also. I am not stimulant sensitive at ALL, but it could be helping with the HR during workout. I use Alphamine, and it's awesome.

Either way, not knocking on your caloric burn; just felt odd that mine was substantially higher even while nearing my ideal/goal weight of 165 lbs (6'1"; down from 188 lbs 8 weeks ago).
    I used to burn alot of calories in a shorter amount of time. Now it gets less and less. My HR is very low as it is, so I really have to work to get to go up there. Maybe in Beta phase, there will be a better burn.
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just ordered my HRM to aid me in figuring out my calorie burn during T25. Unfortunately, when I bought my Garmin forerunner years ago I didn't buy it with the HRM...so now I am forced to buy one. I have been guestimating my burn and am really looking forward to the HRM arriving to see what the actual burn is.
    Feel free to friend me if you want to check in with each other during the T25 journey. BTW, I am getting ready to finish week 2. Have seen an inch come off my waist and hips and 0.5 inch off my arms and thighs...and I have lost a few pounds. So far I really like the workouts.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I currently burn about 225-250 per session and I am 5'6 180 lbs. I'm not sure if because I am a runner also that I don't burn as much or what but I am loving the results anyway
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    I currently burn about 225-250 per session and I am 5'6 180 lbs. I'm not sure if because I am a runner also that I don't burn as much or what but I am loving the results anyway
    I have about the same burn as you, but you know what? Not too shabby, that big of a burn in only 25 minutes.
  • PrincessDreeeaah
    Options
    I Weigh 225 and I'm 5'1", and my heart rate monitor said I burned 186 calories. It seems really little to me, I feel like I worked hard and even felt like throwing up a bit. And I did Beta Riot Circuit. I noticed when I would do the weight work outs my heart rate when down more but I don't know.