Finding my size in stores -- any advice? (a topic for bra-we

thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I've always had trouble finding bras. I was a 36 DD when I started, and those didn't fit that well. Now that I've lost weight, I'm at a 32 DDD (and the sister size, 34 DD, doesn't fit). Is anybody else in a similar situation with a rare bra size? I'm looking for bras that aren't too expensive, but I don't really know where to start.

Suggestions?

Replies

• tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    I have the same problem!! Check out la senza. They carry bras up to E. And odd sizes.. im usually 34-36 around and i can find it in that size. I have trouble spending 100 on one bra at specialty shops lol
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    I don't know where you are from but there is a fabulous shop out here in CA in Monrovia that's known as the Wizard of Bras. The website actually is www.wizardofbras.com. They do tend to be a little more money, but I have friends who wear larger sizes and they swear by this store. I have gone and bought beautiful, long-lasting and well-made items here and I have yet to be disappointed. Much better than any chain store, for sure.

I hope this helps.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    I'll definitely check them both out! I'm in Ohio, but I'll check out wizardofbras.com to see if they ship. (Great name for a store!)
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    I don't know where you are from but there is a fabulous shop out here in CA in Monrovia that's known as the Wizard of Bras. The website actually is www.wizardofbras.com. They do tend to be a little more money, but I have friends who wear larger sizes and they swear by this store. I have gone and bought beautiful, long-lasting and well-made items here and I have yet to be disappointed. Much better than any chain store, for sure.

I hope this helps.

Where in Monrovia is that? I'm just over in Pasadena, and could use an off-size bra store!
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    I'm also a 32DDD. The only brand I liked I can only get at Dillards.

Best advice is to take a day to go to department stores and try some on. It's troublesome, but worth the hassle.
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Fredericks of Hollywood is a good option. They carry up to an F cup (which is is generally the same as a DDD) and they are quite reasonably priced. I'm a 34F and I particularly like the Va-Va-Voom Satin Full Cup Bra--I bought one in every colour! It's pretty, supportive, and inexpensive, which is an unheard of combination for girls our size :blushing: You can order online and they ship all over North America.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!!!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member

I hope this helps.

Where in Monrovia is that? I'm just over in Pasadena, and could use an off-size bra store!

I think it's on Myrtle south of the 210. It's a tiny place and there's a HUGE bra in the window.
  • Lane Bryant? Cacique (I think that's how you spell it!) I believe they have up to size F
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    You can also check out biggerbras.com They are not too expensive.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

I hope this helps.

about a half hour east on the 210.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    oops LOL I thought you said where is Monrovia LOL :blushing:
  • I would recommend an Enell bra. Thye are on sale here: www.onesweetone.com Very comfy and supportive and designed specifically for larger breasted women. They have wide shoulder straps that don't dig in and a posture criss cross panel in the back for support and comfort. This site also sell some Danskin workout clothing that is very reasonably priced. Check it out.
This discussion has been closed.