filling hung pangs!

Options
hi , ive gone from 11 and a half stone to 10 in about 2 months, im just trying to shred the last couple of pounds but its so difficult to stop hunger pangs and trying to restrict my meals , so if you could give me advice on small low calorie snacks it would really help?

Replies

• stacksue
    stacksue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Watermelon! Two cups of watermelon is 90 calories and will make you feel like you've eaten a gigantic dinner. My husband and I always snack on it when we watch tv at night instead of chips or ice cream.
  • LT12344
    LT12344 Posts: 14
    Options
    thank you ill try it:)
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    One of the BEST low calorie and very filling snacks that I have been eating recently is Low Fat Greek Yogurt - Plain and just add blueberries, rasberries or blackberries.

So filling and it tastes like dessert.
  • LT12344
    LT12344 Posts: 14
    Options
    One of the BEST low calorie and very filling snacks that I have been eating recently is Low Fat Greek Yogurt - Plain and just add blueberries, rasberries or blackberries.

So filling and it tastes like dessert.
    thank you ive tried that and i agree totally:) ive found drinking tea with splenda is quite filling i think because its hot? and then rivetas or rice cakes are also good
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I spent years and years and years (and years) looking for the combination that would let me control pangs/cravings/binges, and found that besides restricting carbs to veggie and fruit carbs ONLY, eliminating sugar, and praying for strength ( seriously) the best food I can eat is nuts!

My doctor, a great guy, suggested "a small handful" of nuts before meals. I went a small step further, limiting my protein to egg/egg white and about 2/3 c. of nuts in my dinner salad.

I also believe that, although counter intuitive, intermittent fasting also helps relieve the pang problem.

I feel content and happy with what I'm doing, and so far all of my medical advisors (internist, gyno, endo) agree!

Hope you finds the particular combo that works for you!