Tired of Starting

Options
I can't really say that I'm new to MFP...seems like a start and restart this journey more often then I care to admit.

For those of you with 100lbs or more to lose...
How did you start?
How do you stay motivated?

I'm tired of being overweight and unhealthy but even more tired of the frustration I feel for not being able to stick with it.

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Replies

• dfwtxmissy
    Options
    I have 105 pounds to lose...my friend got me started on this site and together we do water aerobics and the gym...we talk constantly and encourage each other...I have lost 19 pounds and am starting to notice the change in my body and clothes are getting loose...when your underwear starts getting too big, you know something is going on...LOL...
    We have a goal to get tattoos to celebrate our weight loss....I cannot wait.
    Just jump in with both feet and stay honest. If I cheat, I cheat....my world will not end and tomorrow is another day. I don't think of it as dieting cuz there is so much good food to eat that is good for me...
    My husband who has alot to lose finds himself being more conscience of the food he eats for the most part.
    My kids are my cheerleaders. My son is the stickler as he is military and all about eating healthy.
    You can do this...I promise.
    And the best part of MY journey is...I quit smoking too.....
  • AsMama
    Options
    I am in the same boat. So tired of being fat. Today was a bad day. I ate horrible for every meal because it was easy and I was tired from working night shift.
    I am new to this website. I am hoping reading other people's stories will keep me motivated.
    Day by day. I am going to have to plan. plan. plan! Plan meals, plan workouts. I have never had a scheduled life so this is hard for me.
    Bottom line if you need support, I know I do, count me in. I log almost every day or evening. Here for you if you ever need to.
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't have 100lbs to lose, but 82lbs was on my plate when I started this. My husband and I just went through a lot of disapointment with infertility and people ask me all the time (and have since I was 16) when my baby is due because I carry most of my weight in my belly. It is a very embarrasing thing to have happen, but the added pain of infertility just set me on a mission. That is my motivation, to not have to explain to any one else that I am "just fat." I don't always keep it in front of me or follow my plan like I should (I've never been good at keeping my eye on the ball-just ask my gym teachers) but if I fall off the wagon one day or even a full week, it is NOT the end of the world. That was the hardest thing for me to grasp so I hope it comes easily to you. Make yourself accountable, but don't beat yourself up about it. Positive reinforcement is key! :)
    I've been at this for almost six months now and have gained weight about five times. Once was four pounds! In one week! Talk about set back lol However, I'm down 26lbs and I feel soo much better. Just make the decision, get started, let the weight come off however fast or slow it needs to and look at all your progress. My dad has a saying, "Ten bucks is ten bucks" and let me tell you whag, one pound is one pound.
    You can do this! :)
  • ReneeMarie
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm really bad for being too hard on myself and if I have a bad day, picture me throwing my hands in the air because that's basically what I do.

I recently moved to a new city and with it came a new doctor. For the first time ever, I had a doctor tell me that I need to lose weight. It killed me but I'm hoping that it will be the push that I need.

I'm going to start planning meals ahead of time and exercising as soon as I get home from work. As much as I may want to flop on the couch, I know that I'll feel better and healthier by changing my eating and exercising routines.
  • phatzzzs
    Options
    Howdy from someone that has always been a "starter" but not a finisher!

The key to doing this is setting in your mind that you are making life saving changes! These do not happen over night but little by little bit by bit. Now I know that does not get most people excited, but relate it to learning how to read, write, at first it was so so so hard! But you have to practice and be brutally honest with yourself every day.
    on your food journal put it all out there, find some kind of exercise you enjoy doing that is easy for you to do. 7 days of consistent logging in will double your success rate, 14, 30 and so on...................
    Lots of people here that will help and encourage you, especially on the bad days!! You can do it, a wise man was once asked, how does one eat an elephant. One bite at a time!
    You can do this!! you can make the changes that are necessary and make them enjoyable so that your lifestyle will benefit your health. When the Dr told me that I had 6 mths to make changes or I would be in serious trouble with losing both legs below the knee, that was the piece of wood up side my head that started the changes.............My wife and I (she is Sunfreeflower) are on here every day especially when we did NOT DO GOOD on our food. Let us know how we can help!!