Guy Friends Wanted!

Options
Victory_or_Death
Victory_or_Death Posts: 21 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Let's try this again...

6'4" at 318 yesterday, (down from 334 in January) I can't play with my small (7 year old) daughter, (OR my wife, as my sex drive is ZERO), I can't ride rollercoasters 'cuz the latch won't close, I can't run 20 feet...a single flight of stairs leaves me breathless....and as for tying my shoes, I dread having to do it.

I've been here before and screwed around, and after some initial success, chose to fail instead.

That will not happen again!

I've committed to this thing, period. I got a bicycle, some dumbbells, and am ready to rock and roll. No forums, and wrangling with others, just working towards my goal of 225 lbs.

I could sure use some male friends who are active in MFP, and who know how it feels to be where I am now.

Replies

• JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome back man!! I started healthy living at 317 pounds and have lost almost 125 pounds! I Totally feel where you are coming from. I was unable to do so many things that most people take for granted. Life has sure opened up a lot more doors and options since loosing a whole person in weight! I often hear people say that anyone can do anything they set their mind to, While I like this quote, I prefer to say A person can do anything they set their heart to. A persons heart is where the passion and drive is at to achieve goals.
    Best of luck man!!
  • GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Would love to be friends please add me
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    why not chicks?
    we are more supportive then guys.
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • SouperDuck
    SouperDuck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm down 80, so I totally understand!
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Welcome back, sir! I am currently at 333, down from 360 and am in the exact same place when it comes to doing anything without feeling like I might actually die at the end of it. Always looking for some new friends to help motivate/support this journey.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    why not chicks?

Yeah, but you're always talking about this TOM guy and we get jealous.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    why not chicks?

Cause a guy will tell you when your being an idiot, girls are too nice to do that. ;-)

Feel free to add me as a friend, I started at 6' 1" and 360 lbs. I did a similar falling down to you, I was at 280 before I fell flat on my face and gained all my weight back. I have done a different approach this time and it seems to work and makes eating healthy easier for me. Cutting sugars and refined carbs was key for me. I do not have cravings where I binge on things anymore.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Please..... it's cause we are always trying to get into our guy friends' pants...

duh.
  • CaHusker
    CaHusker Posts: 21
    Options
    Im down 36 pounds so far. I feel so much better and I still am losing to hit my goal of 60 lbs. This website/app is so great to use. Keeps you inline as you track your nutrition and most importantly gets you eating at the right times. It is so great when you get to load in your exercises/strength training. Im on my second pair of running shoes and since Mid June have 165 miles on the new pair. Change them when they are in the 300-400 mile range depending on your mass. Don't give up, A diet doesn't have an expiration date, a diet is only the path to a new eating lifestyle that is healthy
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    IN for the menfolk.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Let's try this again...

6'4" at 318 yesterday, (down from 334 in January) I can't play with my small (7 year old) daughter, (OR my wife, as my sex drive is ZERO), I can't ride rollercoasters 'cuz the latch won't close, I can't run 20 feet...a single flight of stairs leaves me breathless....and as for tying my shoes, I dread having to do it.

I've been here before and screwed around, and after some initial success, chose to fail instead.

That will not happen again!

I've committed to this thing, period. I got a bicycle, some dumbbells, and am ready to rock and roll. No forums, and wrangling with others, just working towards my goal of 225 lbs.

I could sure use some male friends who are active in MFP, and who know how it feels to be where I am now.

So you're rejecting me? :sad: :brokenheart:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    why not chicks?

Cause a guy will tell you when your being an idiot, girls are too nice to do that. ;-)

Feel free to add me as a friend, I started at 6' 1" and 360 lbs. I did a similar falling down to you, I was at 280 before I fell flat on my face and gained all my weight back. I have done a different approach this time and it seems to work and makes eating healthy easier for me. Cutting sugars and refined carbs was key for me. I do not have cravings where I binge on things anymore.

You're an idiot for your incorrect generalization regarding female behavior.

Better? :flowerforyou:
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    why not chicks?

thug.gif
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    why not chicks?

I have to agree, my female friends are the most blunt and they don't accept bull**** excuses! :heart:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I'll take the chicks. Obviously.

but seriously, send me an invite. I can be motivational sometimes.
  • Imabemee
    Imabemee Posts: 36
    Options

Cheers to you sister! :drinker:

nuns460.jpg
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    why not chicks?

O0sAOY5.gif
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    why not chicks?

:heart:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    the chicks on my FL call me an idiot all the time, so that cant be it.

i have a pretty good sausage to taco ratio going right now, but if anything changes, im comin after that sausage.
This discussion has been closed.