Uk MFP's only lb's v kg's

Options
Hello all UK mfp's

Ive noticed that those in the UK tend to weigh in lb's and a few go down the metric route using kg's

I go skiing annually and they allways ask me how much I weigh (for ski hire binding realease settings)
I only ever know in stones and lb's, so last year i decided to join our European neighbours and go with the kg's.

What do you prefer and why?

Replies

• de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i have lived away from the uk for several years and have happily converted to kgs--they are a lot less fiddly and the scales are easier to read --i just convert to lbs on this site now --i wish we could loose the lbs!!
  • akaDumbo
    Options
    I used to weigh myself in kgs but I switched to lbs on this site. Using lbs shows a much higher number in my weight loss ticker than using kgs. Seeing it every day helps to boost my confidence and keep me on the straight and narrow
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I prefer pounds, they feel more accurate to me. Plus i grew up using pounds and ounces =)
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Personally I use stones for myself, but using MFP, the Wii and Runkeeper's weight recorder I'm now fully aware of my weight in all three different measurements.

When I started here I had my ticker showing kg, but I soon saw just how much of a majority of lb users there are so I switched it. It's all weight, and it's the same no matter which you use at the end of the day - as long as it's coming off!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'd much prefer it if MFP had a st and lb option, but as it doesn't I use lbs. My scale weighs both in st and lbs and only lbs, but I always keep it on the st setting and convert my weight to add to the site, only because I'm more familiar with them and 11st 4 means more to me than 158 lbs.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've always used the metric system and learned the lbs only after joining this site. It is good to know those too but I hate it when people start throwing some really confusing measurements into the mix too like feet, stones, and cups! :noway:

Feet are supposed to stay in your socks, stones outside, and cups are for drinking your morning coffee. Not to mention that each of those comes in different shapes and sizes! Honestly! :grumble:

</ grumbling> :laugh:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Feet are supposed to stay in your socks, stones outside, and cups are for drinking your morning coffee. Not to mention that each of those comes in different shapes and sizes! Honestly! :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too funny!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • barbiexo
    Options
    i like kg's cause it's more accurate.. but cause i grew up with lbs i don't really get how much kg's are so always have to convert :/ xx
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use lbs so I can converse in the same language as my lovely North American friends, and since I grew up using lbs and ounces for cake making...might explain a lot that lol :-) Also since it's a smaller measurement than kg, it's more motivating as the weight comes off heh. I do occasionally switch my scale to stones just to convince myself that I am actually 10 stone (or a bit under at the moment - naughty me)

Kilograms are just a mystery to me.
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options

lol!!! :laugh:
  • BexC
    BexC Posts: 53
    Options
    lbs becasuse I see more of a difference in my weight that way - best way for me to keep on it lol x
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    Llbs definately - I know what i am talking about then LOL