2»

Replies

• DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Perhaps more training next time??
  • mykaar74
    Options
    great job you entered & you finished even with your lil hiccups. practice makes perfect in 2 weeks you'll get that 39 mark in the mean time try practicing some incline runs on a treadmill if you are using a treadmill. GREAT JOB
  • badshot
    Options
    The fact that you did a 5k in the first place is amazing, you did very well, just keep entering them and finishing them and youll get quicker and quicker, be proud
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You were only off by a minute don't beat yourself up! Now you know where you can improve on, and kick butt next time
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    You finished what you started. That's awesome!

Not sure how long you have been running but some days it's not what we expect! Every run can't be a personal best!

Here's to a great race and your great progress! :flowerforyou:

Karen
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You finished, that's HUGE! And you were so close to your goal! Don't beat yourself up about it- use it as a goal, aim for your next 5k to be 2 minutes faster (or whatever makes sense for your training schedule).
    You should be proud, so many people never even try. You tried AND finished!
  • dude75
    Options
    It's great to have a goal and go for it. Sounds like you did well. I know sometimes I get to the point where I feel like I need to take a break. Sometimes it's mental and I just need to push through it. Other times I do need to stop and get my heart rate down and then continue so I don't over do it or "blow up". Just pay attention to what your body is doing on your runs and keep working at it. You'll get there! The biggest thing is that you're out there doing it. You should be proud of that!