Looking For Support and active friends :)

Options
Ytrid
Ytrid Posts: 181 Member
Hello, I am kind of new to MFP, and looking for active friends. I have been stalking the forums for a bit now, so finally braving actually posting something. I am a 32 year old mother of 2, 1 who is special needs. Looking for friends who are active and don't mind speaking up and offering advice on my diary and foods. I am aiming for a primarily plant based diet, and eating for proper nutrition. I am focused on health first and hoping losing weight will be a much needed side effect. I also have lupus and medical conditions that restrict some of my eating. Before MFP i struggled with not eating at all for 3-4 days then eating to much when i got sick and shaky. My motto is it took 32 years to get this way, the weight won't come off over night. Slow and steady wins the race. Cheers *waves*:blushing:

Replies

• Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me my dear. My Dad is ill right now, so I'm not as active as I normally am on here but still log in at least once a day. Cheers lady!

~Glynis
  • Lyssa021
    Lyssa021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! im trying to find friends as well who can keep me in shape :)
  • KatiePearson14
    KatiePearson14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love your outlook on losing weight! It is so true, and this is something I have to remind myself every day. I sent you a friend request, look forward to seeing your progress :)
  • sfhfsu
    sfhfsu Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks for the invite to join the group Shawn. I definitely need the encouragement. I'm on day 16 of P90X. This is my fourth time trying to get through it. Life always seems to get in the way, a work trip, my daughters gets sick, my mom gets sick....and I always find an excuse to stop. This time...I'm dedicated to sticking with it. I was always tiny and then in my late 20s (I turn 36 in a few weeks) and after I got married (to an ice cream lover) I began to gain weight. Once my daughter was born I did great losing it but then being a mom took its toll on me. I completely let myself go. I alwyas made sure she ate the best and got the best care but never took the same care for myself. I'm determined to get back on track and healthy again. I know I'll never again be a size 00 but I want to at least get back to a 4 or 6. But most importantly, its important that I get healthy and also set a healthy example for my now 4 year old daughter.

Anyhow, i'm ready to BRING IT! I was a competitive gymnast for 15 years and am no stranger to hard conditioning. My body responds to it and i enjoy it. So, lets see how this goes. I've been tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal and its so handy. I think that I have all the things I need to succeed this time, except some external motivation....so please help!

Cheers,

Sara
  • Booboomyers
    Booboomyers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya! You can add me. I need motivating too! But I have a friend with Lupus so seen her through some bad times it the past. Filling out due to steroids, etc. xxx
  • sezram
    sezram Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all, its my first meal diary today and i cant believe how many calories ive had :-(
    looking for some support and guidance.
  • ppd79
    ppd79 Posts: 2
    Options
    hey there, im 33 and a mum of a 2 year old. Just joined on this. currently i have lost 7lb but with hard work and lost of training.. i could also do with a buddy to go thro this with so u still looking for a support help... add and let me know. xx
  • slimmerang
    slimmerang Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also looking for support. My goal is to get healthy and strong and am hoping losing weight is a result of that as well. I have to kids also ages 3 and 5. I am just getting back to MFP but intend to be very active. I will send a friend request now.