Failure Weekend

Options
Well, I am back. After diligently keeping track of my calories on Friday--we were going out Friday night--we attended a hockey game (pro--it was my first and it was great fun). I had 400 calories for popcorn. We went out to eat later. Actually I had only about 100 calories left for the day by the time we arrived at the restaurant. (I realize--I should have passed on the popcorn). We went to a Well known chain (am I allowed to mention it here?????????) Ordered a side salad and an appetizer of quesidilla's. Thought I had done faily well. When I arrived home I checked the calories: a whopping 1,395. That is right at my allowed 1,400 for one whole day. Ugh! :sad:

This was followed up by a day of taking Continuing Education classes yesterday (Saturday) and I had to eat out all day, followed by dinner at a friend's home last night. I ended up with about 1,800 calories. So for two days in a row I failed to meet my calories count.

The good new! Thanks to MFP, I can accurately keep track of the calories. Well, I am going to settle down and get back on track today.

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    AND you are NOT giving up! You realize it was just a bad weekend and you are moving forward! That is success in itself! Plan on healthy meals, a few more minutes of exercise and more water and truly this weekend is history!
  • dryvonnesmith
    dryvonnesmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks Holton, for the words of encouragement. There are two people on the photo-- which is Holton? Are both of you losing?
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    A small suggestion that my help you keep under your limit when you go out. Plan ahead for that day. Just calculate what you think you may eat and balance it in the daily quota. You may eat a little less for the midday, but the daily total will stay under.
  • dryvonnesmith
    dryvonnesmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks you Amarillo--I will try this.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    going out is tricky because of the portion sizes are ridiculous. I ordered a burger from Denny's the other day just the burger no fries nothing and the damn thing was 920 calories. I ate every bit of it but still 920 calories (plus I had the extra calories). Can't beat yourself up you should pre plan trips out. Popcorn is never good especially at a movie theater or at an arena it's packed with calories.
  • mytmom
    Options
    Yea, this happens, you just have to keep going and do better the next day. I ate my entire days calories in wings and wine last night hanging with my bestie watching chic flicks. So, today I'll do better, get in some decent exercise, and watch what I eat very carefully. I find that after a day or night of "blowing it" i try to only eat things I know the exact calorie count of the next day, and drink lots of water to flush your system!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Yea, this happens, you just have to keep going and do better the next day. I ate my entire days calories in wings and wine last night hanging with my bestie watching chic flicks. So, today I'll do better, get in some decent exercise, and watch what I eat very carefully. I find that after a day or night of "blowing it" i try to only eat things I know the exact calorie count of the next day, and drink lots of water to flush your system!

Wings are my nemisis! I love hot wings, but I am putting them off for a bit because I can't eat just 5 wings which is the portion. and they can be up to 880 just for 5
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Those Two days they are gone and done with and today is a new day. Next time you can try to pre plan and do you best to keep on track. I have fallen in to the food traps where I ordered something thinking it was a better choice than some other things on the menu and found out my logic doesn't always work. Thankfully everyday we wake up we are given a clean slate for that day and we can take the bull by the horns and control what we eat. Good luck and we are all here for your support!
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I find that to be the hardest thing, you try to be good and then if you go out it is soooo hard. I am very good on days that I work, but when I'm out and about, it's tough... We all have times like that, it's bound to happen, just move on and try not to dwell on it for too long. :)
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree with the idea of adjusting the rest of your day. When I know I'll be going out I try to add exercise also, makes a pretty big difference in what you are able to eat. Don't give up, today is a new day.