the easiest goodbye I've ever said.......

Options
StacLegg
StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
goodbye 16's and HELLO 14's; I've missed you, but don't get comfortable because 12's are on their way............ :laugh:
I think this morning is the first morning I've woke up and I'm actually comfortable in my skin, I have a new weird kind of confidence in ME. I'm not comfortable enough to stay here by any means, but I can smile and and feel good! =)
Yesterday our daughter was home for college and she is starting a new job this week and won't have much time to come home except the holidays, so I took her out shopping to spoil her a bit! She insisted that I buy something for me, because I don't do that. I told her I wasn't buying anything this size and she said go down a size, I bought mediums...... I've been XL and LG for sooooo long. I ended up with two shirts she picked out. I didn't want to try them on at the store and ruin my mood and be disappointed and down so I just bought them and hung them in the closet when I got home! This morning I got the urge while getting ready for church to try one on..... Its a medium, and its so adorable, and it FITS perfect!!! :blushing: I love love love it! so I pushed the 16 dress pants aside and pulled out a 14 petite ( I'm 5'2") and they fit perfect!!!!!! not even snug!!!!!!!!!!! =) Yep, I'm smiling!! :love:
I think her believeing in me and encouraging me to buy a Med is what pushed me to walk over 5 1/2 miles yesterday in 58 minutes!!! I can do this, and I know that, because I am doing this!!!!!!!!!! Today is 41 or 42 days I've logged in and been taking care of ME!! I've never taken care of me for 42 days in a row!! This feels pretty amazing!! =)
its funny how hard habits are hard to die though, I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday too, just so I would have something to look forward too since the new clothes prob wouldn't fit me! lol But love the shoes with the new shirt and dress pants too!!! Huge Bonus!!!
Have a fabulous day today everyone, and take care of YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:flowerforyou: Stac

Replies

• melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You Rock GF!!!! I am so happy for you! I am right befind you. I am comfortable in a 16 right now for the first time in YEARS and can't wait to say goodbye and Hello to the 14s already hanging in my closet!

Keep up the great work!
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome!! I'm wearing a comfortable 16 right now, and did the same thing as you....bought a 14 petite (i'm only 5') and figured I'd keep them til they fit, I really didnt even think I would get them all the way up, but I did! They actually buttoned and zipped....still just a tad too tight, but their on!!

It is such a great feeling!

Congratulations on your success! and keep on going! :)
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration! :-)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Great job. happy for you.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I love this post! You've done such a great job and I think those 12s won't be around too long either! :) What a great daughter you have raised and what a great relationship! An inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • doris_day
    Options
    Goodbye 16's FOREVER! Inspiring.
  • nanmosta1
    Options
    I love your post. Congrats on loving and pampering you. As mom's we rarely do that. Keep up the fantastic work
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    great job...im on my way and i want to be able to feel the way you do....im wearing 22's and cant wait till im able to get into the 18's in my closet.....keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Fantastic!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Buying smaller size clothing really does a lot to boost one's motivation level! Glad you got to experience that with your daughter. Keep making room in your closet, as you will love refurbishing it along the way. I always shop for "new" things when I take my older big clothes to the thrift store. You can typically find some really nice stuff there if you take the time to look, which helps on the expense of buying new clothes when you know you are still losing and won't be in a size too long. Kudos to you. Keep up the good work!
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    I love your story, it is so inspiring - I can feel myself getting closer to those 14's, but not quite there. Your story sure gives me encouragment to push on, thanks and congradulations:happy: :happy: :tongue: :laugh: :happy: :happy:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Rock on! Congratulations. I got completely giddy when I put on my most recent jeans: look what I can do! So, I truly empathize, and...RIGHT ON!!!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    great job...im on my way and i want to be able to feel the way you do....im wearing 22's and cant wait till im able to get into the 18's in my closet.....keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrific job!!! I also have "skinny" clothes in my closet. I bought shirts and capri jeans on clearance when I was doing a diet 3 years ago. Never got into them. But I am determined that they will fall off of me next summer. Keep up the good work.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    What an amazing feeling!!! You must have been SWIMMING in those 16's!!! You rock girl!
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration can't wait to get there my self. I am so loving this site so much encouragement! Great job!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling, things are only going to get better and better. Just remember that you deserve this and you can do this.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    goodbye 16's and HELLO 14's; I've missed you, but don't get comfortable because 12's are on their way............ :laugh:
    I think this morning is the first morning I've woke up and I'm actually comfortable in my skin, I have a new weird kind of confidence in ME. I'm not comfortable enough to stay here by any means, but I can smile and and feel good! =)
    Yesterday our daughter was home for college and she is starting a new job this week and won't have much time to come home except the holidays, so I took her out shopping to spoil her a bit! She insisted that I buy something for me, because I don't do that. I told her I wasn't buying anything this size and she said go down a size, I bought mediums...... I've been XL and LG for sooooo long. I ended up with two shirts she picked out. I didn't want to try them on at the store and ruin my mood and be disappointed and down so I just bought them and hung them in the closet when I got home! This morning I got the urge while getting ready for church to try one on..... Its a medium, and its so adorable, and it FITS perfect!!! :blushing: I love love love it! so I pushed the 16 dress pants aside and pulled out a 14 petite ( I'm 5'2") and they fit perfect!!!!!! not even snug!!!!!!!!!!! =) Yep, I'm smiling!! :love:
    I think her believeing in me and encouraging me to buy a Med is what pushed me to walk over 5 1/2 miles yesterday in 58 minutes!!! I can do this, and I know that, because I am doing this!!!!!!!!!! Today is 41 or 42 days I've logged in and been taking care of ME!! I've never taken care of me for 42 days in a row!! This feels pretty amazing!! =)
    its funny how hard habits are hard to die though, I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday too, just so I would have something to look forward too since the new clothes prob wouldn't fit me! lol But love the shoes with the new shirt and dress pants too!!! Huge Bonus!!!
    Have a fabulous day today everyone, and take care of YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: Stac

I adored your posting! WTG on your weightloss so far and what a feeling you have been rewarded with, such a high!!!

I too have been fitting into smaller sizes now and there are no words to describe accurately just how good it feels are there.

Keep up the hard work, because the rewards are more than worth it for sure! :flowerforyou:
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    that is absolutely awesome! go you, for all your hard work, and now you get to have fun shopping!
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work! (AND listen to your daughter..she's sounds like one smart cookie!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!