protein bars suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    think I had a kind bar before. I liked it cause I could see what was in it, but forgot what it was called. looks like I need to add both to my shopping list
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended Good Greens bars. They include 10g protein, 5g fiber AND 100% OF YOUR DAILY REQUIRED VEGETABLES AND FRUITS. And they taste amazing as well. :) I particularly love the pumpkin spice, apple crumb and chocolate raspberry flavors.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Think Thin bar--19g protein and 0g of sugar.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are my all time favorite!

Love your profile picture!!
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've been eating premier protein bars I buy at Sam's Club. 30g protein per bar in 3 flavors.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I see all kinds and have no idea what's actually good for you. I can't help but feel a small bar that has a list of 30 ingredients I can't pronounce as well as high fructose corn syrup can be good for you. Anyone have any suggestions on protein bars with a handful of ingredients you can pronounce and no high fructose corn syrup?

Save your money and dont buy them. I dont mean it to be sarcastic I mean it to be serious, if you see no purpose for it and have no real use for them, dont start with them, their are costly and add up the better the bar (i.e. the better the ingredients) the more they cost. And yes, even the top end bars have over 20+ ingredients and are far from natural.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Quest bars seem to be the lesser of all evils. Low calories, high protein and not any unidentifiable ingredients. I have tried the Perfect Food bars were too high in calories and sugar.
  • zzcharge
    zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No one ever talks about Jaybar...the Jay Robb bars. Theres no junk in them but there is some sugar alcohol. Has anyone had them? I love the chocolate brownie. Here are the stats
    25 carbs
    6 fiber
    11 sugar
    5 sugar alcohol
    15 protein
    220 cal
    no soy, no gluten, no artificial sweeteners
    made with whey protein
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've been eating premier protein bars I buy at Sam's Club. 30g protein per bar in 3 flavors.
    I live and die by them.......under 300 calories with 30g of protein and they are delicious as well or I just gotten use to the taste lol haha.
  • Holly_Lynn81
    Holly_Lynn81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars are my favorite and they taste amazing!
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I live and die by them.......under 300 calories with 30g of protein and they are delicious as well or I just gotten use to the taste lol haha.

They actually taste good! I've eaten a lot of "sawdust" before finding these. lol
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options

They actually taste good! I've eaten a lot of "sawdust" before finding these. lol
    I eat one with my lunch each day. ...some high protein sandwich, an apple, 2 bottles of water and a premier protein bar. I love them....and recently I was able to find the yogurt peanut......had to drive 90 mins to sams to get it.