30 day shread: how to log it in MFP

Options
Hello all, i am new to the 30 day shred. Today is my first day level one. How many calories doed it burn? Also how do i log it for the day? I am 259 lbs. so i know i burned some just dont know how much. Thanks for the help in advance.

Replies

• eavila
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred and have always just done 20 minutes of Aerobics high impact. Her program is 20 minutes and it seriously gets your heart pounding so I would call that high impact. For my height and weight it burns 144 calories in 20 minutes. It must be working because I have lost 17 lbs so far.
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello,

The best thing to do is purchase a heart rate monitor. You can find them online, at big chain stores such as Wal-Mart or athletic stores such as Nike or Sportscheck. One of the best brands is Polar which is pricey but well worth it. I have a timex and it works great. With a heart rate monitor you will be able to get the exact time you worked out andthe exact number of how many calories you burned. They also help by showing you your heart rate as you work out so once you figure out your target zone you can stay within it by working out harder or slowing down your pace.
    You can check out different brands online and see what customers thought of each one.
    Hope this helps.:smile:
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I agree with the HRM suggestion. Until then - I usually log it as circuit training general, and that comes pretty close for me @ 200 calories.
    HTH
    J
  • ashiteru
    Options
    HI NEW TO THIS! WHAT IS THE 30 DAY SHRED?? PLEASE RESPOND!
  • ashiteru
    Options
    HI, I AM FAIRLY NEW TO MY FITNESSPAL AND WAS WONDERING WHAT IS THE 30 DAY SHRED????? PLEASE REPLY! THANK YOU.
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    HI, I AM FAIRLY NEW TO MY FITNESSPAL AND WAS WONDERING WHAT IS THE 30 DAY SHRED????? PLEASE REPLY! THANK YOU.

It is a workout plan by Jillian Micheals (sp) I have heard some really good things about it. From what I have heard it is an amaxing way to burn fat!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Workout DVD that you can buy at Target or Wal-mart by Jillian Michaels of The Biggest Loser.
  • Ebth2306
    Options
    I started the program today. It was hard (even at level 1!!! LOL) but I loved it. I have ADD so the way the program works (3 minutes strength 2 minutes cardio 1 minute abs repeated 3 times) is great for me. PLUS my heart rate was up even in the strength parts so I know I earned every calorie burned! <grin>

I can't wait to see what happens in the next 30 days.
  • seasha86
    Options
    Log it in as circuit training 20 mins.
  • sweetg1222
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the information!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Ebth2306
    Options
    I just got a fab HRM for my birthday (today) and did the 30 day shred. 20 minutes as circuit training was just a wee bit conservative but if you are like me you don't want to over estimate calories burned so I think logging it as that is perfect!