Yogurt Question?

Options
So, growing up I've always hated yogurt and now that I am trying to eat clean and lose weight I want to like it.
What are some low calorie yogurts that taste good? Brands and flavors please! TIA

Replies

• lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat things you don't like. Find things you enjoy, and this will make you able to sustain your new way of eating, rather than going on a "diet" and then reverting back to old habits.
  • mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Was never a big fan of yogurt to begin with, but now I really love it!

Try taking 150g of plain Greek yogurt and add 7g of any flavor of Jello - Instant Sugar Free & Fat Free Pudding mix (just the dry powder). It will really taste like cheesecake :) It's only 105 calories too! Toss in some blueberries or strawberries and a graham cracker and you really have something quite decadent considering the calories.

The one thing that you need to watch for when eating Greek yogurt is the sugar content. Many of them have 19g or more of sugar. Try something like Dannon's LIght & Fit Blended Greek Yogurt which is only 80 calories a serving and it contains just 7g of sugar and 12g of protein. I was surprised at how rich they did taste considering they have 1/3 of the sugar and calories some of their flavored counterparts have.

Good luck finding one that you enjoy!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurts are healthy and good source of protein.
    I have tried Fage and Chobani. I like Choabani better. Flavors- Strawberry, Chunky Pineapple, Blueberry, Peach, Blood Orange. There are many more, most of them are delicious.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My favorite yogurt concoction: 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt (Chobani is my favorite) and 1 tbsp Cocoa Almond Butter from Trader Joe's (or you could use Nutella if you prefer hazelnut). Stir well and it tastes like an awesome chocolate almond mousse!
  • truly_blessed90
    Options
    I guess I worded that wrong. Thats true, I don't have to eat it lol but I think there may be some types I would like now that it has been 15 years later since I tried it.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt with granola and fresh fruit. Have you tried greek yogurt? You might like it more than conventional yogurt. It's got more protein in it too :)
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    Yogurt used to gross me out at the sight of it growing up, but I've gotten really into Greek yogurt now and eat it as my 3pm snack every day. The chiobani is good, fage, Greek Gods. It's a little high in sugar, but if you just want to start eating yogurt, the oikos cafe latte taste like coffee