Hey question.

Options
Lean cuisines? Healthy choice? Smart ones? Pretty much any "healthy" frozen meals.. Are they good for losing weight? or even good for you?

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    They are high in sodium, and generally not very nutritious.

However, provided you have a calorie deficit (eat your goal calories) you will lose weight. The sodium might prevent the scale from showing it due to water retention.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    As long as you're under your calories, you'll lose weight, regardless of what you eat. You will like feel better if you limit the junk, but it comes down to calories for weight loss. Frozen meals are convenient and nice for portin control, but I find them a bit small sometimes, personally, for the amount of calories. And, they tend to be very hight in sodium, but they can fit in a weight loss plan.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    As long as you're under your calories, you'll lose weight, regardless of what you eat. You will like feel better if you limit the junk, but it comes down to calories for weight loss. Frozen meals are convenient and nice for portin control, but I find them a bit small sometimes, personally, for the amount of calories. And, they tend to be very hight in sodium, but they can fit in a weight loss plan.
    yah. this.

For less money and a little bit of time, you could put together a weeks worth of frozen foods or fresh foods. Like.. pack of chicken breasts and a few heads of broccoli. Fresh veg, and baked chicken. Cook all of it at once, control the sodium, get more protein, less preservatives, etc.

There's nothing inherently evil about them... but I'd rather have a little more volume and a more nutritionally filling meal.
  • doublegrrr24
    Options
    Thank you for your opinions, I won't even bother buying them. lol