unsure

Options
i still have questions... do you eat back exercised calories? are you suppose to eat ALL alotted basic calories, or stay under them?? pros? cons? new and unsure!

any input would help...

Replies

• Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Probably helpful for you to spend some time reading forum posts. You will find a lot of your questions already answered in full.
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think the basic idea is to end up with a deficit, so you can eat them back but stay in credit. There are lots of posts on this. Hey welcome too. :)
  • lizziecheek
    lizziecheek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The allotted calories will help you meet your weight loss goals that you set. I personally never eat back the exercise calories and my goal is to eat close to allotted calories, 100 below or above.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up such that you aim to meet your calorie goal which would include your exercise calories because your deficit to lose is already factored into your daily calorie goal. Eating your exercise calories prepares you for maintenance as you need to eat them back once you are intending to maintain or you will continue to lose.
  • c1wolfgang
    c1wolfgang Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. i find that at my age now it is much harder getting my body back in shape after two kids. I am by no means sedentary working as a nurse with much walking, lifting, pulling. pushing, etc. this equals about 10 hrs work, 30 min lunch on most days. I am having trouble meeting goal cals. My body is not use to day shift so therefore it is not at all appetizing to eat at 0530. I usually get my first meal by 11 or 12. That being said, I ensure that dinner is on the table by 6 pm NO Later. exercise comes after 8pm when kiddos are int he bed and I can't see "eating back" at that time. I lost 10 lbs in the first week and a half but noticed I have gained 3 back with a cal ct of 1270. Should I readjust calorie intake? To be honest, I have been downright neglectful of my body and until 2 weeks ago had horrible eating habits and no water intake. Is this a plateau of some sort or did I just drop water weight?