Looking for friends for support

Options
Hi my name is Tyler and I am from Pennsylvania. I am 31 years old and I need to lose between 80 and 100 pounds. I am married to a wonderful women and we have two great kids (boy and girl ages 4 and 1). I am also a business owner.

I have been overweight for most of my life, and I need to change. I worry about being here for my children, and I worry about setting a healthy example for them to follow. I am friends with a few folks on here and they have offered me such kind words of motivation and care, that I would like to expand on my friends list so that I can maybe be of some help to others. We are all in this together as people wanting something more from themselves, for themselves, and for their loved ones. Thanks, have a nice night!

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler! :)

Feel free to add me, I'll be glad to support you!

xx
    Ginny
  • Chrissy_Ivers
    Options
    I'm here with the same goal and also am looking for friends here to motivate and inspire me on this journey. Feel free to add me, I've always been better at motivating people other than myself :))
  • BaconSlanger
    BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT!
    I AM HERE TO LE HELPS!
  • jamesstayton2
    Options
    Were all going through this together brother.
    We have your back. :)
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler,
    You can do this! Those kids need their Dad to stay around for a long time. We do so many things for our kids yet I bet a lot of people don't think about the health example that they portray . I think it's great that you want to set a healthy life style example for them.
    MFP is an awesome tool. Follow the guidelines, accept the support and I have no doubt you'll get where you want to be.
    Feel free to add me.
  • ChrisLole24
    ChrisLole24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love to support anyone!! Feel free to send me an add.
  • karebearandken
    karebearandken Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you come to enjoy this site as much as I do. It has been a life-saver. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • espi180
    espi180 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. My goals are similar. My heaviest was 280. Shooting for 180. Down to 229. I take this community very serious and the support I receive as well. I've got a great group of people I surround myself with. If you want support and true accountability... add me. I won't let you down. I want to succeed, and I want to surround myself with people who want to succeed.
  • joetta00
    joetta00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler, add me I would love to help you and support you
  • kimberlyone29
    kimberlyone29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same idea here....looking to lose weight to be able to do more with my kids. Not be held back in my career and feel overall healthier. i'm also trying to be realistic. I know I didn't put it on overnight, so its not gonna come off overnight. Feeling amazing everyday working out and eating better. I work retail and I mess up sometimes, but I am trying to remember this is a process and a lifestyle change. NOT A DIET! I would also love REAL connections. I am a great friend in return. Happy losing, everyone! :tongue:
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tyler to MFP. You are taking the right step to be there for your children (and those grandchildren :smile: ). I started here at the beginning of this month and everybody here is grreat.
    Add me as a Friend if you wish.
  • missy2492
    missy2492 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on everyday. I give lots of support!
  • homeechez
    homeechez Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love that we all come together and support each other!

Feel free to add me as well!

Welcome Tyler!

You are all rockstars!
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hey Tyler! Sign me up... I'm always around. Best of luck =)
  • twistedbutterfly
    twistedbutterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler! I'm new the community aspect myself, but you certainly have my support. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • peterjasper
    peterjasper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Pete from Gold Coast Australia here. You can add me as a friend to help with motivation. I'm tracking calories on MFP and tracking exercise through links to my fitbit, fitbit aria scales and my endomondo account. Seems to be working for me so far.:drinker:
  • PicoJulie
    Options
    Hi Tyler!

I grew up in good ol' Harrisburg :). Doing this for your family is such a great reason! I just started as well, so I feel your trepidation. We can do it!