Already on my feet all day! What to do??

Options
Here's my day:

6:30am - Walk to 1st job 25min

Work for 4-5 hours on feet in cafe, walking deliveries

11:30am - Walk home 25min

Freshen up for second job

1:30pm - Walk to 2nd job 15min

Work retail job 5 hours...mostly standing, leisurely stroll

7:00 - Walk home 15min

Eat dinner, get ready for bed by 9:00pm

But basically, I want to be OFF my feet as much as possible with 10-11 hours of walking//standing as it is!

I stopped running 4 months ago when this chaotic work schedule started. My day is like this 4 times a week, other days I just have one job or the other, and only one day off! When I'm off, I want to be having fun, and be off my feet. I'm losing muscle and replacing it with even more fat. I feel like I work so hard in my day yet I obviously can't eat more than 1400 calories a day without gaining weight, because that's what's happening!

I know I need more exercise, but how the hell am I supposed to do that too????

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    okay. so don't run. now if only there were other activities a person could do for exercise that didn't involve running. there must be some other form of phyical activity that didn't mean running or walking and took 30....maybe 45 minutes or so. if only.....

oh well. i got nothing. i wish you the best of luck.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Get a job where you can lie flat on your back all day. You can probably make more money too...depending on the lighting.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What makes you think you gain weight on over 1400 calories? Did you give it a full month before making that determination? Do you use a food scale?

As for the exercise I'd just add a progressive loading strength training program and then don't worry about additional cardio.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm having problems seeing how anyone can gain weight on 1400 calories with that schedule.

Do you have any medical issues?

Are you weighing and measuring your food or are you eating out often because of being busy?

Your diary is locked BTW, so it is difficult to give any advice there.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Try lifting.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How many miles of walking is that per day? I have a belief that if we all walked about 2 miles a day or so, with no other exercise, we'd be in pretty decent shape.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Here's my day:

6:30am - Walk to 1st job 25min

Work for 4-5 hours on feet in cafe, walking deliveries

11:30am - Walk home 25min

Freshen up for second job

1:30pm - Walk to 2nd job 15min

Work retail job 5 hours...mostly standing, leisurely stroll

7:00 - Walk home 15min

Eat dinner, get ready for bed by 9:00pm

But basically, I want to be OFF my feet as much as possible with 10-11 hours of walking//standing as it is!

I stopped running 4 months ago when this chaotic work schedule started. My day is like this 4 times a week, other days I just have one job or the other, and only one day off! When I'm off, I want to be having fun, and be off my feet. I'm losing muscle and replacing it with even more fat. I feel like I work so hard in my day yet I obviously can't eat more than 1400 calories a day without gaining weight, because that's what's happening!

I know I need more exercise, but how the hell am I supposed to do that too????

I'm thinking maybe you aren't counting calories super accurately if you're gaining weight on 1400 calories. Even with a very slow metabolism, I would think you'd be maintaining or losing weight verrrrry slowly, not gaining.

If I had your schedule, I honestly wouldn't work out on those days. When I'm on my feet for 12 hours, I consider myself "exercised."
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Maybe add some yoga or pilates to switch it up. You only need to do it for 30 minutes, and that 30 minutes might just be the thing you need! Plus it relaxes you, and with this kind of schedule, I imaging you need a bit of relaxation...