chicken

Options
thesoup11
thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
Does anyone have a simple yet tasty way to make boneless chicken breast for salad??

Replies

• gemaudlin
    Options
    what i usually do is I put 10 chicken breasts into a crock pot with some chicken broth and cook those for about 8 hours. When the chicken comes out, I just shred it up. Then I get 5 different containers. For one I add buffalo sauce. Then I make a spicy buffalo salad with peppers, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes with ranch dressing. The second one I make a bbq chicken salad. I add onion, tomato, garlic croutons, and use the bbq sauce as a dressing mixed with ranch. The third container I leave plain to have caesar salads, I get parmesan cheese and tomatoes with garlic croutons. The fourth container I mix with fajita seasoning or cumin and I have a southwest style chicken salad with black beans, corn, tortilla strips and southwest dressing. The fifth container I usually season with italian seasonings and add banana peppers, salami, and italian dressings. You can always add bacon bits or hard boiled eggs to salad too. That could up your protein and give lots of flavor. That would make 2 chicken breasts per salad type if you cooked ten. I like variety. I can't just have the same salad over and over. It gets so boring! Also, if you have left over meat... it is great to just have pulled chicken bbq sandwiches. Just buy low calorie buns and add a few toppings and you can get a bbq sandwich for only 230 calories.
  • thesoup11
    thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great ideas thank you doo much sweetie yeah the same thing is so boring
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I like to pound it flat and grill it, plain or with a dry rub, or marinade it in teriyaki over night and bake it.
  • Kolmi01
    Kolmi01 Posts: 46
    Options
    Bump