giving up bread

Options
2»

Replies

• TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would just ditch the love of bread entirely. There's nothing breadlike that isn't also carby as hell. You can use other things (lettuce, etc.) as sandwich wraps, like those above me suggested, but they will not resemble bread at all.

If you stop eating bread for long enough and remind yourself all the time that it's a carb explosion and will make you fat and bloated, pretty soon you won't miss it. That's what I did. And I used to GORGE on bread. I loved it so much. Now I can only stand it in small doses once in a blue moon.

Bread is just about the most useless food ever... almost as bad as candy, white rice and sugary soda...
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    that might be the best way. just bite the bullet and kick the habit, especially with bread costing more than milk, about $4.50-$5.50. if only I could do it with chocolate too. I'm gonna try two weeks without bread, do lettuce wraps that some of you suggestion and see if it makes a difference. thanks all :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sighs...why does everyone hate on carbs...?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    At home I eat sandwich slenders, whole grain pita, or a tortilla maybe two or three times a week. But in a good restaurant with excellent bread, I eat it and just work in the calories. It's a special treat.
  • CarmenDsewell
    Options
    It could be that you are gluten intolerant, so, you should try a gluten free bread and see if that works for you.