Low carb bread and bagel ideas

Options
I LOVE my bread and bagels but would like to cut down on the carbs BUT still be able to eat bread and bagels from time to time. Any suggestions on low carb breads and bagels?

Atkins used to have some out not sure if they do now or not. And I'm wondering if I'd have better luck in a Co-op or natural foods store as we don't have a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods anywhere near where I live.

I posted this in the recipe message board then saw this one and thought it probably should've gone here. LOL

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I eat Healthy Life High Fiber/Low Carb bread, it available at WalMart or any local grocery store.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Are you LOW carb or no carb? I usually keep carbs under 100g (works well for me) and last week I had a clif bar for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch and I was under (or would have been without the ice cream bar :) ). I say just go for it, use just one piece of bread if you are really worried. I don't do the "low carb" replacements, do not like. I also think something weird must be going on if you're eating a low carb, well, carb. YMMV but I say just eat the breads!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Just eat good ones and have them less often.
  • ramseyjoseph83
    ramseyjoseph83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have experimented with making several low carb breads. I honestly have not been very impressed by any I have tried including breads made with Flax Meal, Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, and Atkins Baking Mix. The best I have found is called Mr. Peanut Butter Sandwich Bread, Check out the recipe http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2011/03/mr-peanut-sandwich-bread.html