over 60 crowd?

Options
Hi, new to this forum, just wondering if there are some older people out there trying to lose weight also?

Replies

• bigz33z
    bigz33z Posts: 1
    Options
    62 and going to work on it
  • marialydia
    marialydia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just turned 60 and have lost 53 pounds total. Doing it slowly -- a bit less than one pound per week. I am finding that if I don't exercise it is almost impossible to lose... Good luck on your journey!
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I will be 60 in a couple of weeks. I also would like to find the more 'mature crowd' Sending request! I am losing it slowly but will win in the end..

sharon
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I will be 62 at the end of September.
    There are a lot of us here.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I'm over 60, add me as a friend if you like.
  • KellyAJD
    KellyAJD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello retirehappy I am 65 and trying to lose about 50 lbs. I would like to add you as a friend!
  • GBRhusker
    GBRhusker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Turned 61 this year, I agree with maria, I MUST exercise or the pounds won't go away.
  • A2squaredfl
    A2squaredfl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also 62 and happy to see there are others in this age range trying to lose weight. I'm amazed how quickly it it goes on and how hard it is to lose it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    me, too. 62. Plan to have a healthy BMI by my 65th birthday.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Just turned 60 and hard at it! Always looking for new friends.
  • judyarapp
    Options
    Hi, At my age you would think that I would be the expert on how to lose weight. I certainly have done it enough times. Actually I do know how's, I do know what's and I do know the why's, what I lack is the umph to do it. It is easier to simply eat whatever I want and then to moan about how much I have gained and how awful I look. So here I am on this site wanting to start living a better healthier life. I have tried lots of diets, plans, groups, some with little success and some with a great deal of success but all ending eventually with a bigger me. This time I want to focus on the health effects of weight. My cholesterol is high and I know that blood pressure and diabetes will find me soon. Since this type of program is something new I am hoping it will give me the incentive to stay focused and on track. Maybe accountability on line with support from fellow strugglers will be the answer So here I go. Lets help each other to be a "healthier me"
    PS. I found this site back in April and it has taken me this long to get started. I think I am ready now.
    Warmly,
    Judy
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    61 and here every day if anyone needs support/Cindy
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Lots of us here. Will be 61 in a few. You've come to the right place! Lots of good people here.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Will be 59 later this month. Reached my goal a couple of weeks ago. My motto throughout my journey as been: patience + perseverance = Payoff!
  • ErikCory
    ErikCory Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    65 3/4-I have my most success if I keep good recordings and exercise regularly. 10 more lbs to go and have been on program since Jan 1st. Currently plateaued for the last month and know I need to walk and exercise more to get over the hump
  • audreyross946
    audreyross946 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 65 and have fought the battle of the bulge most of my life. I joined TOPS to be more accountable as I have to weigh in each week. It was suggested the we use My fitness pal to track our food consumption. So I am trying it. Good luck to everyone on your weight loss journey.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Just turned 62 in July. Losing weight, but plateauing big time. Started some interval training that is making difference in inches, but not pounds. Staying patient.
  • janeshearl
    janeshearl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just turned 61, have lost 64 pounds since July 2012... Love this program! My loss has slowed a lot, I still want to lose 3-5 lbs, but the program keeps me focused and accountable to me. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • janeshearl
    janeshearl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! I like the stay focus!
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in the 'over 60' category, I too should know how to lose weight, I've been doing it on and off for most of my life on one diet or another.
    This time it is more for health reasons than any other...I had high cholesterol, high blood pressure , high blood sugar (Impaired Glucose Tolerance) and have osteo-arthritis in my hips and spine. So far I have lost 33lbs and have 28lbs to go ...my cholesterol level is now normal, my blood pressure has reduced, my IGT is under control and I have not taken pain killers for my OA for weeks. I also eat whatever I like but make sure I record it all and stay within my calorie allowance. I'm also able to walk and exercise again (which I coudn't do due to OA pain). I feel in control and good about myself again.
    MFP makes keeping track so easy. Just proves you're never too old.