How to get my head back into it all ?????

Options
So I started the year 40 kilos heavier than I am now ... and the first 5 months was great. The weight fell off, I exercised well. It all worked out pretty easily.
Then there were a couple of personal bumps in the road and being winter in australia motivation stated to fall away and the weight loss slowed. ... now I am o.k. with the slowing part as I figure it's got to happen at some point.

Then in the last month ... I have totally lost it. Back to eating too much crap food that my husband was buying when doing the grocery shopping. I chucked a fit about that and told him to stop it again as even after around 6 to 7 months of not eating all that stuff, I am like a recovering alcoholic who can't be trusted with "just one sip" of alcohol. I can't have just one handful of chips or I end up devouring the WHOLE bag. pathetic really.
So the last 4 weeks I have put on weight for the first time this year and I am really starting to find the whole eating well and exercise thing hard work.
It's not like it was earlier in the year when it just happened a little more naturally. It's not to say the exercise wasn't hard work, I just had more willingness to keep it going .... now I am starting to find excuses again, or stop earlier than I should, not push myself as hard as I could.

Getting a little frustrated with myself, as obviously I know what I SHOULD be doing, as I have lost 40 kilos this year ... but I still have over 20 to go and can't find the right head space to keep the motivation going. Annoyed that I haven't really managed to change any bad habits that I had earlier in the year, just supressed them for a bit.

Any advice?

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some good advice for you . I know you can do it! Just keep swimming!!! :happy:
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think it helps to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time and one bite at a time. It also helps me to stop before I eat anything and ask if it is worth the calories. Good luck and God bless.
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how I will do when I get to the level you are, when the novelty wears off and I am in much better shape than I was, but not at goal yet. It is concerning to think that bags of chips and other junk are going lead to you undoing your success. Are chips really worth going back to +40 kilos?! They don't taste THAT good.

I wonder, will spring be an incentive for you? I know I do poorly in the winter. Will you be more inspired thinking about shorts and sleeveless shirts?

Or am I really going to have to start swimming?
  • nursenelson
    Options
    maybe try a new exercise/sport?
    something to find it fun and interesting again...?
    maybe you're bored and something new will motivate and excite you!
    try new recipes
    or incorporate these foods you devour into your daily eating but in small amounts - this way you don't crave them so badly and "eat the whole bag"

just a thought :smile:

good luck
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thank you for the suggestions ladies :-)

I am hopeful that with the warmer weather and more sunlight in the day I will improve.

Byrdiebee - I think I want to see you swim anyway :-)