dessert?

Options
I have around 500 calories left for the day after dinner. any ideas on what I could make to satisfy a sweet tooth?

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I love strawberries and blueberries and blackberries (or any combination thereof) cut up with some Splenda. Add in a piece of Splenda Angel Food cake and Low Fat Cool Whip (or whipped topping of your choice) and you're cooking with gas :smile:
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream brand anything! Really yummy :) Although fruit would be a better option
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i really like the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, only 140 calories. but yesterday, i had some extra calories and made a s'more....so yummy!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    i really like the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, only 140 calories. but yesterday, i had some extra calories and made a s'more....so yummy!

I'm on the couch beside my 11 year old. I just looked over and she has a plate with a blob of chocolate on it. I asked what it was and she said "I melted a hershey bar with marshmallow" then shrugged. All she needs is a graham cracker lol
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Fat free frozen yogurt with a little shredded coconut and even some blueberries.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    a delicious chocolate protein shake hmmmm sooooo good! I just might get one myself.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    a delicious chocolate protein shake hmmmm sooooo good! I just might get one myself.

I actually ended up making a shake, not with protein powder though. it had almond milk, frozen yogurt, lite chocolate syrup, and a tablespoon of almond butter. around 350 calories but it definitely hit the spot and didn't cause any overages.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The weight watchers dark chocolate and raspberry ice cream bars are the BOMB! For two it's like 180 cals. :D
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i love the 85% dark chocolate squares by Lindt's. take 2 of them with a 1 TBS of almond butter...you have a VERY healthy reese cup type treat. and NO high fructose corn syrup! or white sugar.

i also keep homemade vanilla bean ice cream in the fridge. our machine makes a small amount, each 1/2 cup is only about 100 calories...MUCH better than a packet of some processed snack pack that is full of salt and will make you crave more. top a cup of fresh fruit with the 1/2 cup ice cream and you have less than 200 calories!

since i have started using these two as my treats, i have lost well over 25 pounds this summer and fall. it does work. in moderation.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I actually ended up making a shake, not with protein powder though. it had almond milk, frozen yogurt, lite chocolate syrup, and a tablespoon of almond butter. around 350 calories but it definitely hit the spot and didn't cause any overages.

I had my protein shake hmmmm 1 scoop 93 calories 20 grams of protein low carbs very filling. Even with water it tastes like Chocolate millk.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers English Toffee Ice Cream Bars are wonderful-made with splenda so no weird aftertaste. One bar is 100 calories. I love the idea of homemade ice cream for 100 calories though. May need to get an ice cream maker!
  • cmadden89
    Options
    Wal-Mart has smoothie packages. one cup of fruit, one and a half cup of milk, and a cup of ice cubes... 140 calories :)
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    omg, i just had one of the new nature valley granola thins in dark chocolate and its amazing! crunchy granola bar with dark chocolate on top. its only 80 calories so its great for a small dessert.
  • KLaurean
    Options
    Jell-o double chocolate sugar free pudding (60 calories 1.5 grams of fat)
    Banana
    and fat free cool whip
    Just layer it and you're set.
  • Minoesh
    Minoesh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fat free frozen yogurt with a little shredded coconut and even some blueberries.

That sounds yummy, will have to try that next time I have some calories to spare! :smile:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Strawberries or blueberries with some nuts :) xxx