Slim in Six

Options
Starting tommorrow, Monday September 27, I will begin the Slim in 6 workout program. It is a boot camp style workout program to help me get a jump on my weight loss. It requires a 6 day a week commitment, for 6 weeks. I am a stay at home Mom, so this is the perfect time for me to do this. I am super motivated, and I realize this is going to be hard. It took me 4 yrs to get this big, and I know I can't get healthy overnight, but I want to hit the ground running. The way my mental determination works is that I am able to do difficult things if I have a definite end date. So when I want to give up, knowing it is only 6 weeks will keep me going.
Has anyone done an intense commitment like this? Any advice?

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I've never done it but I just wanted to wish you luck:flowerforyou:
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just finished the slim in 6 program and lost 23 pounds. The first video starts kinda slow and then the next 2 a pretty awesome! My advice would be pace yourself and make sure you have water standing by. I'm so excited for you it really is a great program! And definetly enjoy your rest days! If you have any concerns make sure you talk to your beachbody coach! They are trained to give advice and thats what we are here for!
  • cmadden89
    Options
    Good luck! Is it like P90X?
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    it sounds great. I am going to the gym right. I am also a stay at home but my kids are in school all day and I need to socialize so the gym it is. I tried the six wk boy makeover and saw great results the first wk but I didnt keep tracking. this site is great because if you add each day it shows you what you can do over a months time. it is very motivating to see if i keep eating this way and exercising that I will lose 10 pounds this month! good luck and let me know how you are doing.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    that would be six week body not boy makeover, that would be nice if my boy would do a makeover as he needs it worse than I do! ha!
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Is it like P90X?

It comes from the Beach Body family but is less intense than P90x. I myself am slowly working my way to P90x and plan on starting it this winter!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    cheering you on!!!