Pain while walking

Options
I'm trying to lose about 80 pounds and have been walking 1 - 2 miles 5 times a week at 3.5 mph for just over one month. The problem is pain in the front of my right shin - sometimes I don't feel it but most time it starts up around the 3/4 mile mark. It is a burning, aching pain and wont stop until I rest my leg. If it weren't for this pain, I think I could walk several more miles a day. What can I do to eliminate this so I can get it more exercise?

Replies

• taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My experience has been that broken down or the wrong type of shoe causes shin splints, and getting a good pair of shoes always helped. The more you exercise the more important your shoes become. Hopefully that helps. :)
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My experience has been that broken down or the wrong type of shoe causes shin splints, and getting a good pair of shoes always helped. The more you exercise the more important your shoes become. Hopefully that helps. :)
    This helped me, too. Get fitted at a running store store. The difference the right shoe makes is amazing.