Weight Room

Options
Just curious, but what is the amount of time you spend in the weight room, on average ?....I'm talking about in a day...It seems to take me forever, including stretching. Not that I mind, but I was just curious...Some of the dudes, just fly out of there...and I'm still doing my thing. By the way, I just finished day four of Basic Training 1, of NROL Supercharged....:drinker:

Replies

• Cisco12791
    Options
    I work out for 3 days a week. I run on a modified version of Starting Strength with plenty of accessory work that I compiled. On these days it takes me about 2 hours and 30 minutes per session. I take longer since I'm on a cut.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm in and out in an hour and 30 minutes. 3 days on 1 day off cycles. So 5-6 days a week.

Do about 18-24 sets.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I always spend at least 1 hour. If I'm in a hurry I don't rest as much between sets, I can reduce it to 30 minutes or so.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    an hour and 30 to 2hrs max
    7 days a week

=D
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    35-75 minutes
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    1.5-3 hours 5x's a week.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I probably strength train four days a week averaging an hour and fifteen minutes. (I am not very good at stretching so I probably spend less than two or three minutes.) On top of that I try to do cardio at least three times a week normally before the strength training for about a half hour. (But my cardio is all out, for at least twenty of those thirty minutes. Hitting 80 to 90% max HR)
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    cool, it seems that everyone averages more than an hour....Phew, that helped!!! Thanks!:drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    My current program is 3 times a week (fullbody) for 45 mins.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    As long as it takes to properly stretch, break down the muscle and work my all my muscle groups for the dat. It's about doing it right, not about time, or weight even. I suppose I avg 2 hrs, 6 days a week though. Keep pushing. :)
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    1 1/2- 2hrs
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
    Intense weight lifting with no more the 30 seconds to 45 seconds rest in between sets.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    About an hour and 15 with stretching/mobility, four days a week.

But sometimes you only have half an hour, and that's better than nothing.
  • MikeDasTrainer
    Options
    45 min to an 1:15 4-5 days a week
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Two hours plus cardio done later.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    1-2 hours
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm doing strong lifts 5x5, and I'm usually in the weight room 30-60 min 3x week. But, that doesn't include any stretching - I usually do that elsewhere (no room in the weight room). Also, I do quite a bit of cardio (boot camp, running, kbls), so the weight room isn't where I spend the majority of my working-out time.
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've cut back the amount of time I'm training lately and I'm enjoying the difference. I lift 4 times a week, usually 30-45 minutes, definitely not going over an hour. I stopped bringing my iphone with me and cut back on my rest time which I feel is a more effective workout plus I'm more present than before. I also stretch between warm up sets if necessary but I don't feel the need to stretch much except on squat day or if my chest/shoulders are tight when pressing.
    I also walk to the gym/college every day so I treat that as my warm up.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    30 minutes 5 times a week.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    45-75 minutes roughly, 4-5 times a week.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    60-75 minutes, 3x a week