Help: Always Exceed Maximum Sugar Intake

Options
for the pass 3 days, i have managed to have my calories intake within the given guideline but it seems that my sugar intake per daily is always higher than the goal (goal is 24 but mine is around 40 and above). i think this is due to the fruits that i have taken (around 3-4 fruits per day) but it still worries me as research told me sugar WILL be transfer into FAT
So, should i cut down my fruits or just continue with what i am eating? :grumble:

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't become fat and there is a big difference between fruit sugars and added processed sugar. Don't sweat the small stuff. Stay in budget for calories and you'll be fine.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since November and am over on "sugar" every single day. I don't eat "sugar"; I eat fruit and have no plans to give it up. One piece will put you over "sugar" on MFP. I guess you can go into the settings and change your micros, but I refuse to sweat it. I've lost 64 lbs this way.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't worry much about fruit sugar. I do limit processed sugars and frankensugars (high fructose stuff). You'll hear differing info, but MOST folks on here (who aren't on the induction phase of a low carb diet like atkins, will tell you not to worry about fruit sugars.

I've changed "sugar" to account for a couple of pieces of fruit.
  • allories
    allories Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for the feedbacks :flowerforyou:
    shall stick to my fruits then, this is actually the first time for me to go on diet so i might be going paranoid here and there :blushing:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for the feedbacks :flowerforyou:
    shall stick to my fruits then, this is actually the first time for me to go on diet so i might be going paranoid here and there :blushing:
    Good luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry about it ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    for the pass 3 days, i have managed to have my calories intake within the given guideline but it seems that my sugar intake per daily is always higher than the goal (goal is 24 but mine is around 40 and above). i think this is due to the fruits that i have taken (around 3-4 fruits per day) but it still worries me as research told me sugar WILL be transfer into FAT
    So, should i cut down my fruits or just continue with what i am eating? :grumble:

sugar does not make you fat, overeating does...
  • allories
    Options
    Okie:laugh:
    Speaking about overeating, it seems that i can't reach my calories goal (1200) everytime... the most i can reach is around 1000 and sometimes only 800+:noway:
    should i just stick with it (eating less= lossing more weight) or should i actually mantain 1200 calories as requested :indifferent:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Okie:laugh:
    Speaking about overeating, it seems that i can't reach my calories goal (1200) everytime... the most i can reach is around 1000 and sometimes only 800+:noway:
    should i just stick with it (eating less= lossing more weight) or should i actually mantain 1200 calories as requested :indifferent:
    You should eat more than 1200. You should eat what your body needs. You need to figure out what your body needs. I can guarantee it's more than 800. THAT is a recipe for disaster. You'll lose for a while, sure, but IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Eat ABOVE your BMR (at the very very very least). Use a site like this, and be HONEST about your activity. Most folks underestimate in the beginning.

choose a site like this:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
    Then set (customize) mfp to that.
    I know, the mfp is suppose to do all that for you but when someone says the "most" they can manage is 500 or more below their BMR (I'm guessing, but I'd bet I'm not wrong), I say: EAT OVER YOUR BMR.

Please be careful. good luck.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You CAN eat more than 1200 calories a day because no one has become over weight by eating that or less. You don't have to live on "diet" foods to lose weight. Just eat what you want within your budget. You're making a lifestyle change which means it has to be something you can continue with for the rest of your life. Learn to make good food choices to meet your budget. Eat full fat dairy, eggs, lean meats, nuts, oils to meet your caloric needs.
  • allories
    Options
    Wow, thankx for the link. Based on the site it appears that i am supposed to take 1590 instead of 1200 of calories per day.... means more food to eat :drinker:
    Btw, any suggestion for dinner? i usually have my breakfast and lunch at the company's cafeteria but as for dinner i'll either have to cook myself or find some places to eat... But i am quite worry about what i take for my dinner as my friends advised me to "eat as little as possible for dinner"
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options

I changed my sugar to fiber
  • benlogan87
    benlogan87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sugar is quick source of energy, so if your having alot of sugar consistently your body will get used it and burn that instead of the stored fat. My dietician/sports scientist, recommended my sugar intake be about a less than quarter of my carb intake (200grams of carbs a day, so less than 50g of sugar a day is fine for me). Having said that, I don't use it as an excuse to have a fizzy drink .He also said it wont destroy your progress, just slow it, but there is also the other health benefits of having low blood sugar. But 40g of sugar, I wouldn't stress, especially if its early stages.
  • imimimimi
    Options
    I am on Paleo diet (anyone with me??) but I exceed 'sugar' limit just by eating lettuce!! I dont even eat fruits...