I ran for three minutes!

Options
LokiFae
LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
I know, it's not much, but I started C25K today and ran for a total of 3 minutes! That's more than I've run in 10 years! I'm training for a 5k in April, and I have a feeling I might just get addicted to running. Just had to share. :smile:

Replies

• Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    congrats to you, keep it up.

p.s. - running is fun and addictive
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    yay you! That's a big deal! Stick with it and the three miles will be no big deal! :)
  • Topbobdog
    Topbobdog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job you have to start out small, every little bit helps and just keep adding to it. Good luck on your Journey
  • CaitlinxRae
    Options
    Totally addicting! I never ran before April 2010..now I'm obsessed and do it every other day
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That is great! I just recently started running and when I could run more than a few minutes without stopping I wanted to jump up and down with excitement so I know how you're feeling!
    Best of luck with your training!
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Every step is moving forward.....Keep it going. Remember before you ran...you rolled over,then crawled, & then walked,its a progression.:smile:
  • fitwell
    fitwell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, good job I teach learn to run clinic ! And that's how you learn walk for two minutes run one than every week add a little more running , the program takes 8 weeks by the end of the program , you should be able to run 20 minutes with out stopping! good lock you can do it :)
  • sharonsds
    Options
    Three minutes is a HUGE Deal!!! be proud of yourself, that is fantastic!
  • runrgrrl
    runrgrrl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    THATS EXACTLY HOW I STARTED!! Be proud of yourself...I too started running a couple of minutes at a time...now 8 years later I run marathons...GO FOR IT GIRL!!!
  • akabob
    Options
    Hi, I am also a former non-runner. I did a 5k after training with the Couch to 5K training guide....you can google it...,my best to you as you prepare! It is totally worth it when you cross that finish line. :)
  • becca2006
    Options
    good for you!!!! i've only ever walked so I know what you mean - I'm starting to run, and am running up to 3-4 min. on the treadmill and was overjoyed with that too LOL so i hear ya! at first I'd be changing the speed on my treadmill and pounding the button down to lower the speed so i could stop running, now I run for the length it does it (on the weight loss program on the treadmill) and I can tell each time it's easier and i no lnoger change the speed
    so I say it's a HUGE congrats for you - i know how hard that is!!!!! my goal too is a 5K - i walk it, but i want to run it! way to go!!!!! it'll be four min. before you know it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!