Hairy Bikers Diet Books

Options
Dawn5242
Dawn5242 Posts: 8 Member
I am trying to bulid up my stash of healthly receipes and bought both books yesterday.

I have to say the recipes all look so wonderful, I don't know where to start !! Has anyone tried them, or succeeded with their diet? What's your favourite??

Replies

• lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I bought the hairy dieters book a few months ago. I wasn't that impressed with it to be honest... the burgers and curries are good though :smile:
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use the 1st Hairy Bikers diet book all the time, recently made Paprika Chicken, it was lovely... Its great and load of my female and male friends all use it... I will be buying their second book, out now I think...

The only thing you have to do is to adjust things like Paprika & hot stuff etc to suit your own taste, like any recipe.
  • Paulinefrew69
    Paulinefrew69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i have both books and use them all the time, I bulk cook the receipes and thend freeze them in portion sizes (simply by weight) I have lost a total of 5 stone so far and since starting with the books my hubby has lost nearly 3.5 stone.

Every recipe I have tried is really good and even my 14 year old daughter loves them.:flowerforyou:
  • Dawn5242
    Options
    Wow Pauline that is fantastic - well done. I am guessing you are a fan then.

The Paprika Chicken was one that jumped out at me - hubby said no. I will call it something different and tone it down as you say - he wont know the difference.

The curries do look nice will def be trying them.

My first one to try though is going to be the Carrot cake. I have a sweet tooth :-)
  • Slappydap
    Slappydap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have both books (just bought the latest one a couple of days ago), I use recipes from the first one all the time. Have tried all of the following & both my hubby & daughter both love them.

Spanish chicken bake
    Lamb spinach & potato curry
    Creamy Prawn curry
    Chicken Jalfrezi
    Lamb Tagine

Can't wait to try the cod with Chorizo in the new book along with some of the stews for the autumn/winter. :-)
  • Dawn5242
    Options
    Well, I made the carrot and sultana cake - very nice. Definitely making that again.